1990s teenagers gleefully record family van hitting the 100,000 mile mark

So we know that Monica Bowman of Montrose Academy in Massachusetts was driving through Waltham, MA at the time of video. School records show multiple Bowman’s in attendance at the school graduating in 2016 and 2018. I’m guessing, with good reason, that they are related. Just call the school administration and get the answer.

http://www.montroseschool.org/podium/default.aspx?t=204&id=890440

I am in awe and not a little overwhelmed knowing such a momentous event happened so nearby when, I, a wee lad of 12 attended my 6th grade studies nary a day’s carriage away from The Montrose School of Medfield, MA. It seems that our jubilant convivants and adventurers had double occasion for celebration; for the Montrose soccer team had just trounced The Waring Academy of Beverly, MA 2-0. It was en route from said trouncing that this tremendous transformation would occur, Southbound on Hwy 95, just past Waltham, by the Vista International Hotel. Traffic was as should be expected on such a typical afternoon at 5:15pm. But the moment was anything but typical. It was then when the odometer of the fabled 1984 Chevrolet Astro struck nine-nine-nine-nine-nine-stop-two. Then seven. Just moments later, a roar tremendous from our travelers as their storied chariot achieved the pinnacle of its lifetime. What joy! What could possibly capture the sheer emotion of such an achievement? Tears and reminiscing over the countless shared adventures abound. Like that one time, when our trusty Astro almost ran out of gas, but Monica, of the Hinterland, safely piloted Astro to a gas station and all were relieved. Our lives shall be forever changed. Thank you, Astro. And thank you, Monica, for your fearless leadership and unwavering devotion to our cause.

3 Likes

“Hello, Montrose Academy? Yes, I’m from the internet and I’m stalking one of your former students – hello?”

hmph. must’ve hung up.

6 Likes

Plaid headband says 1992-93, but bandanas say 1975.

I’m more interested in what Donut shop they went to. Since they were traveling down 128, I’d say Dunkins. If I were there then, I’d say forget donuts, let’s celebrate at Mighty Sub.

My friend Lee’s car is possessed.

I think this required careful planning.

3 Likes

This is amazing.
I was behind the camera. It was 1993 or 1994. The driver was Monika, our awesome German exchange student. No idea the model year of the van - probably 1988 ish. We definitely went to Dunkies on 128 to celebrate.

Where the hell does this video done from? The Internet is scary.

4 Likes

This is incredibly creepy.
No school administrator would tell a random internet stranger about current underage students’ families!

2 Likes

Agree completely. But if the poster informed the school administrator of the presence of the video, the school administrator could certainly inform the individual who could then choose to respond as appears to have happened. The “creepy” details took about 60 seconds to search. The details of the posted video are (unfortunately) a testament to a more innocent time.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.