You could own the A-Team's van

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2021/01/08/you-could-own-the-a-teams-van.html

3 Likes

If they auction off the The Ferrari 308 GTS from Magnum, P.I. next a rich person could net a pretty nice 80’s automobile trifecta this week.

Avoid the Dodge Charger from The Dukes of Hazzard though. Nobody needs that Confederacy-apologist crap anymore.

15 Likes

'sup with that paint job though? The A Team van is black with a red stripe.

7 Likes

Was it made in 30 minutes from old bulldozer parts and sheet metal they found in a barn they were trapped in?

10 Likes

Correction, 8 year old me needs TWO million dollars right fucking now!! (Though they lose points for not a single Mini-14 pictured.)

Though I guess if I had to pick one, it would be KITT.

3 Likes

First KITT, now this.

Um…

Is ‘the 80’s’ going broke, or something?

14 Likes

The toys were all red/black. The van itself was grey, red, black.

4 Likes

Please, please, please get the Time machine DeLoran on the market. Then some millionaire buys all three and has a race to see who wins! But of course, the DeLorean will disappear once it hits 88, the A-team Van will just pull off into a ditch and start shooting stuff, and Kitt will just ride off into the sunset with David on-board.

F-it. I’m going to go hang out with Shaggy in the mystery bus and forget this timeline.

4 Likes

I have seen them behind a strip mall that has a Quiznos. I dunno if that mall is haunted, or if they are hungry.

2 Likes

Faceman: Say, B.A.? You know how we’re all wanted fugitives?

B.A.: What of it?

Faceman: So I was thinking… maybe it’s not a good idea to drive around Southern California in the world’s most recognizable van?

B.A.: I PITY THE FOOL that lays a hand on my van!

Faceman: I’m just saying… maybe we could at least change up the paint job a little? Lose the distinctive red stripe maybe?

B.A.: FINE.

[Next day]

Faceman: Oh, hey B.A.… so that’s the new paint job?

B.A.: [Stares intimidatingly]

Faceman: Looking good, buddy.

5 Likes

OK, but then it was a very dark grey, not the bright silver on this one.

2 Likes

Yeah, in googling it looks lighter grey in some pics… maybe it changed over the 5 seasons. Maybe they had a lighter grey for night time scenes for it to show up better?

They had a lot of continuity errors with that van. There are even scenes where the van magically gets a sunroof between one shot and the next.

4 Likes

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a15343385/mustache-tax-magnums-ferrari-308-sells-for-181k/

6 Likes

You can probably negotiate a buy-one-get-one deal

8 Likes

16 Likes

I was surprised by the gray top when I got a LEGO A-Team set a few years ago as a little desk knick-knack. I don’t know why I remembered it as all black, I watched the show a lot as a kid but I didn’t have the toys. I can only guess a lot of Saturday morning toy commercials put the idea in my head.

1 Like

The all black version is from the Berenstein universe.

3 Likes

I can’t get the link to work, but this is a cool short movie about a collectors who steel movie prop cars…

PROPS | PROOF OF CONCEPT Trailer from James F. Coton on Vimeo.

When you call the Ghostbusters, but it’s just Old Man Smithers in a mask! Sorry about hitting you with the proton streams Mr. Smithers.

2 Likes