This guy tracked down a lot of 80's TV vehicles

Originally published at: This guy tracked down a lot of 80's TV vehicles | Boing Boing

3 Likes

6 Likes

10 Likes

6 Likes

Video link for the BBS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EjdfIjkd74

4 Likes

That vehicle’s fate was certainly the saddest of the bunch.

Also pretty wild someone thought they could squeeze a fourth season out of that show even though they had neither any of the original cast nor the goddamn helicopter the show was named for.

5 Likes

4 Likes

If I had the money I’d seek out an original A Team van, a Jim Rockford Firebird, but most of all a Columbo Peugeot.

If they weren’t available but I was rich I’d have on replicated.

2 Likes

That old highway’s a’calling.

11 Likes

I was suprised to hear that Airwolf was an air ambulance here in Germany after the show but crashed. Fascinating stuff.

1 Like

I had a Pee Wee bike! I made it using a 1950s Schwinn DX as the base (same as the movie bike) and custom fabricated the saddlebags and other parts. I sold it a few years ago but wish I still had it.

8 Likes

tasty

Oh, I know what happened to this one! I don’t want to give too much away, but I will say that every Texan “remembers” where it is in the basement

I’m super jealous. did you have to fab the lion loudspeaker or does someone still make them?

2 Likes

The Air Bud ice cream van was on Craigslist many years ago. I wanted it bad.

It was a Grumman Kubvan. Here’s the same type:

1 Like

This is the one thing I told my kids I wanted if they ever got rich and wanted to buy me something special. I am extremely jealous of whomever has it now.

2 Likes

I found an original tiger speaker that a lady in Italy was selling. I bought it, disassembled it and made silicone molds of the components and made copies for other people that were building Pee Wee bikes. This was about ten years ago. My silicone molds eventually deteriorated. Now there are people that 3D print them. The company that originally made the tiger speakers went belly-up decades ago.

4 Likes

Bah, he didn’t cover Damnation Alley, another Jan-Michael Vincent vehicle, pardon the pun.

"they drive the Oscar Meyer weiner armored battle truck cross country in an epic quest to reach the mecca that might save mankind… Albany, New York…

3 Likes

Too early for the 80s. If he wanted another Jan-Michael Vincent vehicle, he should have gone with his pickup truck in 1981’s Hard Country (also notable as Kim Bassinger’s first feature film).

IMG_1538

IMG_1539

1 Like

That movie was a staple of UHF Saturday afternoons when I was growing up.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.