3/4 of Hobby Lobby's investment funds include contraception, abortion services

Thanks for the detailed reply, I appreciate!

That’s scientifically incorrect. Those four forms prevent implantation which is specifically an abort of a fertilized egg.

What has happened is that a political (not scientific) decision was made to redefine “conception” a while back, to mean “implantation” rather than “fertilization.” That’s scientifically incorrect but it’s good politics because now people claim, as you just did, that this is just “contraception.”

It’s just word games; doesn’t change the reality and doesn’t change the science.

By your logic it’s fine to take anyone’s life? Since obviously it’s “rubbish” to wait until “god” does it?

That’s true of course. The vast majority of lives also end in death. But somehow it’s ethically different when people decide that they have the right to decide when another person should die.

Some people think those same ethical considerations should be important when deciding whether another person should live.

(I can’t add new responses to those who replied, so I’ll edit and add more info here:
Isn’t it interesting that people flame at me, thinking that I’m some kind of bigot when all I did was share a few facts. If those facts make you that uncomfortable, perhaps you should reconsider your perspective.

I have not yet said anything about what I personally believe with respect to pregnancy, birth control, etc etc. In my experience, what I personally believe is likely to get extremists at both ends of the spectrum upset. What I believe is based on both scientific and spiritual reality… I would suggest that a baby’s life be protected beginning when it has its own separate oxygenated blood stream. By various definitions, that’s a separate “life.” And while science is enabling us to save the lives of preemie babies earlier and earlier as time goes on, I strongly suspect we’ll never get to the point where we can go earlier than this “separate life” measure.

When does a baby have its own oxygenated bloodstream? At around 21 days. That’s after implantation.

Everyone nicely upset now? :wink:

keep tryin’, bro.

1 Like

That’s exactly how I feel. Anti-choice bigots like you decide they don’t like the fact that their god put an embryo in the body of a woman who either cannot or will not maintain the pregnancy, because they know better when that potential person should die. Not in utero, before consciousness, when their god says the soul will go straight to Heaven: oh, no, people like you decide that the woman and the potential baby must continue on so as to die either in childbirth or sometime after, providing more potential to screw up in some way so that they go to Hell instead.

Not your god’s will…your will must reign supreme. The death of many is on your hands.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.