Announcing the instructors for the 2014 Clarion Writers' Workshop

[Permalink]

There was a time in my life when I desperately wanted to attend a Clarion Writers’ Workshop. Then I realized I was way too poor to do so. Every time I read about a new one, I get two little stabbing pains, one in my heart and one in my wallet.

The Clarion Website Challenge: go to their website, find out how much it actually costs to attend.

The closest I could find was a listing of the range of financial aid available. As it ranges from $100 - $3000, I assume the cost of attending is at least $3000.

It seems like information that an applicant really ought to know before ponying up a $50, non-refundable application fee.

Okay, that wasn’t nearly as hard as I made it out to be.

http://clarion.ucsd.edu/workshop.html

The answer, $4957. Ouch. No can haz.

Plus taking the time off work and transportation and housing. Back when I aspired to be a writer, I used to read all the time about how the connections made at Clarion were so helpful. Yes, if you are rich. If you are poor, too bad, so sad. I long ago learned to give up on my dreams if they cost too much.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.