Apple's Jony Ive: copycat designs are theft

(Doitdoitdoitdoitdoitdoit!)

1 Like

Nope. Plagerism can be from one source or one hundred. The act of plagerism is passing off anothers work as your own.

The difference between a plagiarised piece of literature and an ā€œoriginalā€ piece of literature is the fact you cite your references and show where youā€™ve borrowed.

Yup. The line is the edging around your wallet.

1 Like

i think this statement has less to do with his willful ignorance and more to do with the hypocrisy of selling a company line that will be beneficial to the huge patent portfolio apple holds and all the anti-competitive lawsuits it is engaged in.

if appleā€™s lead designer actually was honest and said that 99% of all design is borrowed/inspired and reassembled and then refined, how would they extort money from samsung?

Itā€™s all about the IP bullshitā€¦

1 Like

The iPhone 6 looks an awful lot like Sonyā€™s Xperia designs of the last several years.

1 Like

Hello,

I wonder if Mr. Ive is familiar with the Xerox Alto or Star microcomputers? These models seem to be precursors to Appleā€™s early computers, such as the Mac.

1 Like

I am tempted; but supply constrained with respect to amorous wolves, alas.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.