Awesome dad unperturbed by 2-year-old son's penchant for wearing dresses

I did, and the solution isn’t to hope that your kids lives oppressed by being gay, the solution is to stop oppression.

You’re arguing the equivalent that it would be terrible to be born a woman because there’s a higher propensity for being raped.
We are arguing that we should stop rape.

If your argument is that we should stop rape and oppression, then you aren’t arguing with me. Because I am not in opposition to that. You’re not talking to me, and I won’t be part of any argument against you.

But if you are saying I should devoutly wish for my daughters to be raped, in order to be in solidarity with the raped, which is what it sounds like you are saying, I am completely incapable of that - and you should stop asking me to do what is impossible for me.

I think we’re talking past each other and I’m going to go play somewhere else on the playground now.

OK! I apologize for my lack of English composition skills, which I’m sure is what started the problem.

Probably more of a “this is how we roll around my place” and a “oh, we call it a different thing but it’s really the same thing” than anything else.

No wokkas.

It looks more like a “I’m telling you how I feel” vs “that’s wrong, here is how you should feel,” which is pretty ironic given the subject matter.

2 Likes

Sometimes how you feel is wrong. To establish a baseline with an non-analogous example, if I felt queasy every time I saw an inter-racial couple, I think that would be a feeling I should try to rid myself of.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.