Badass Dragons of the Wasteland - Round Nine

Grave Digger is currently my son’s favorite monster-truck toy, and knocked-over his OJ at breakfast this morning.

2 Likes

Just don’t let this guy drive, he’s worse than a NY cabbie

5 Likes

15 LP gets me 5 HP up to a total of 9HP.

With my slow speed and MV and lack of HP I’m not likely to be of much use in the Thunderdome.

I also don’t know, with such low HP, that it would be wise for me to go wandering out with Jane and her Genny device to Site 10 of Plant 42 in Palmdale to talk to that scotsman about fixing up clank. As he’d say, my freightliner cannut takeuh much moar.

2 Likes

Man, Gradybot! That big dummy! Crushed all my Jelly Roll records and ate all my guacamole!

Aw who am I kidding, I did that myself. I do miss the guy. I also miss my once-vast supply of RippleOil though. And he better not be messing around with my Elizabeth.

1 Like

I got 5 LP for your use, over in that pile over there.

1 Like

“So, is… uh… anyone gonna go?”

“The physical condition of the Mechanic known as Clankenstein is serious, but relatively stable.  His consciousness has been, in the purest geometrical sense, “elevated”… that is, straight up, in the direction of the Cygnus X-1 anomaly in the constellation of Cygnus, slightly to the left of Eta Cygni in this map:”

“Clankenstein’s life depends upon bringing his consciousness back to his mortal frame, as the increasingly tenuous connection between his body and “soul” is all that keeps him alive.  In the Genesis Device, we possess the physical means, I believe, to accomplish this, but Chief Engineer Montgomery Scott is the only man with the precise knowledge of how this Genesis Device actually works.  If he is still at the Lockheed Skunkworks, he will need to be consulted.”

“Stark’s Skunkworks had… (cough cough) a fairly… collegial relationship with the Lockheed Skunkworks, as… they shared… portions of various government… projects. My Stark Industries ID… should get you… through the gate.”

“Precise calibration will be needed.  The Genesis Device is considerably powerful, and is capable of wreaking profound and widespread damage if mishandled, according to this photocopied shipping receipt from Paramount.”

“You okay, Marion?”

“Yes.  But that flamethrower was hot.”
3 Likes

Alright then, I guess I’ll be a voyager and head out to the skunkworks, even if it is my final frontier. Could use some firepower along, in case we run into some wrath in the undiscovered country.

Thanks for the LP, Desi. +1 more HP. May you gain swift victory over our nemesis.

Is Clank in any shape to be towed along in this search for a government spook? Might be useful to have him make first contact with this Monty fella, you know, engineer to engineer. Unless that would that risk making things worse for the Clank’s spiritual voyage home.

If I don’t make it back, see you all in the next generation. Remember ole’ Junior as you trek into darkness, into deep space.

2 Likes

According to my calculations if everyone pools together their LPs, everyone should be able to get up to at least 80%, if not better. I may be able to wrest some LPs out of the pepperoni-greased hands of those who don’t say anything, if necessary.

2 Likes

You know what Junior? I like you you crazy noise-blaring bastard. I want you to make it through, so let’s get you up into the double digits, take five more LP and I’ll take off two HP from me. If it comes down to me not making it out due to 2 HP we were outta’ luck anyway.

That should put you at 12 and I’m at 37.

When it’s time to wreck shop then shop I’ll wreck
So let’s calibrate and check our specs .

2 Likes

Let me clear my throat,
and express my…

2 Likes

If you are going into the thunderdome, I suggest bringing a secret weapon.

1 Like

Hey - I know some of you are already hard at work on figuring out Clank’s vision - * ahem * - I will be going with whoever goes to check out anything related to this, if you decide on any places nearby maybe we should go. Let me know.

4 Likes

Bubba did have to lose his last mannequin during his last meeting with Toecutter…

2 Likes

Okay, so my head-count shows De’Ath (@daneel) and Channing (@gwwar) heading for the Thunderdome, and Junior (@funruly) off to the Skunkyard to try to find Scotty with Jane. I’m not 100% sure yet what Desmond Balthar (@SteampunkBanana) plans to do. Gonna fight, Nanner? Or try to pull a Mechanic’s head out of a black hole?

Or both? If folks are that mentally agile that they can blow Bruce’s gasket in the Thunderbowl and help solve Highly Esoteric and Methematical Astrogational problems at the same time, they’re certainly welcome to try.

Let me know, Nans. If it’s a 2 on 2 fight, we’re ready to commence the unpleasantries. If you’re hoppin’ in, I need to gin up a quick additional villain.

I have just the cheeky gentleman in mind…

3 Likes

Hey Desi, look at that assless chap!

1 Like

I’m that kind of chap. One of the unfortunates: no ass at all. You wear a fat wallet and three handkerchiefs.

2 Likes

True story, bro.

1 Like

Sooo… fightin’ or no fightin’? Thunderdome for Desmond Balthar?

Should Wez mount up?

1 Like

Only if he wants that bare ass whoopin’ he’s always needed. Channing is going to need someone to help take the heat off her, since she did all the heavy lifting last time.

Crank up the volume and tear off the knob, let’s start this beat down.

4 Likes

Thunderdome!

3 Likes