Bugs with the new BBS system

Not a word of a lie, though, I prefer my Lumia 920 to my iPhone 4.

Always loved Nokia. Would still have preferred that they continued with MeeGo. Really wanted an N9. Still have an N8.

1 Like

Another bug- Reproduced on Firefox 22.0 and chrome 28.0.1500.72

When Iā€™m looking at my profile, and I browse it by posts, replies or liked recā€™d, I find that when scrolling through the old posts, The page refreshes and drops me back at the top of the page, meaning that I canā€™t see beyond 1 screen.

I can repro this too @eviltrout on the Nexus 7 latest Chrome for Android browser.

yā€™all, iā€™ve been trying to post a youtube link to a specific time for the last 15 minutes and no matter how many times i edit it, re-check my time, and try again, it keeps running it from a time ~5 minutes further on from the time I selected.

Fixed and deployed now! Sorry about that. cc @Purplecat

wut? \ _ (惄) _/ĀÆ

We have some serious duplicates coming over from the BB side. @sam is looking at it, and he will fix these manually until we come up with a solution.

Every time Iā€™m notified of new posts in the Welcome to BBS thread, clicking on the blue circle takes me to this post from last month. In addition, the blue circle usually indicates the wrong number of new posts. Today I saw a 3 when there was only 1 new post. So far Iā€™ve only noticed the blue circle count be incorrect on that topic.

And while Iā€™m hereā€¦ from time to time the Unread indicator tells me thereā€™s one more tracked topic with new posts than there really is. So Iā€™ll visit the main page, see Unread (3), click on that, and find only two tracked topics waiting for me.

Edit: Just to note, this is with Firefox 22 on Windows 7.

BBS is now a little bit too wide.

Indeed, #dickbar had too much padding. Removed left and right padding since its width is set as 100%.

I was reading through a topic when I used ā€œquote-replyā€ to reply to someone (yes, this was before I had read through the entire topic). This pushed me down to the bottom of the topic. I clicked the up arrow to go back to where I was, but when I scroll down it does not load the comments in between mine and those that were already loaded. [In other words, I quote-reply to post #15, thus creating post #77 and pushing me down to the end of the topic. I click on the quote, which leads me back to #15. I try scrolling to read the posts between #15 and #77, but it skips from #20 to #77.]

This should not be happening, right?

info: Firefox 22.0 on Windows 7

2 Likes

Soā€¦what is Automattic? I see itā€™s something to do with WordPress.

I run Disconnect although I generally forget to look at it. I noticed that BBS is pointing a lot of requests my way from that site but if I block it, it all still seems to work fine. So whatā€™s it for?

Avatars through http://gravatar.com. We are working on a change to bring local avatars in for those that prefer it.

@fireshadow and @fiddlingfrog we will look at that. In the latter case, destroying spammers (which removes their posts/topics) can lead to some inconsistencies with unread counts in some casesā€¦

When will it support mobile? The rest of boingboing.net works really well on smartphones.

Search for the word ā€œmobileā€, or browse the meta category.

Ok. I guess thatā€™ll have to wait until I get to my desktop.

What device are you on? I can search and browse adequately from my iPhone 5, though there is some manual zooming necessary.

not sure whatā€™s going on here here vis-a-vis the avatars.

Reported bug. @sam knows about it:

http://meta.discourse.org/t/small-avatar-in-in-reply-to-box/8761

@Ajarn @sam no, i donā€™t care about how small the avatars are, the bug is that they donā€™t match the proper person. look again. ā€œIn reply to Boundegarā€ but the comment is Jandreseā€™s. Why would s/he reply to himself? Obv itā€™s Boundegarā€™s comment. if you click thru to the permalink (which is why included it) youā€™ll see that the comment is attributed to J at the top of the thread, too.