Cat takes flip flop for test drive

[Read the post]

3 Likes

Weā€™ve found a replacement host for Top Gear!

13 Likes

Iā€™m terribly partial to the periwinkle blue, myself.

1 Like

Correct me if Iā€™m wrong, but I think the GIF is longer than the video.

5 Likes

Oh, but I wouldnā€™t waste that that talent on hosting Top Gear. It looks like a new Stig to me!

-der

(Gee, Iā€™m suggestible.) The GIF runs about three seconds, while the video is around six. Of course, this depends on whether your browser (and mine!) is clicking through the GIF frames at some ā€œcorrectā€ rate.

2 Likes

on a somewhat related note, how much longer 'til the BB editors kill the animated GIFs?

3 Likes

The GIF graphics control extension block does support specifying a frame rate(though indirectly, a GIF doesnā€™t have ā€˜a frame rateā€™; but each frame can specify a delay before the next frame is processed); but my understanding is that you cannot safely expect applications to be all that strict in obeying your instructions.

Interestingly, there is also support for a ā€˜user inputā€™ flag; so you can construct GIFs that are supposed to only advance to the next frame on demand(how ā€˜inputā€™ is collected is up to the application). Iā€™m not sure how robustly that is supported in various browsers.

2 Likes

I love the animated GIFs, I get the gist of the video without having to watch the whole video! :smile: And thatā€™s good enough for me!

6 Likes

Same here, and I like having an occasional bit of animation to break of a stream of static pages.

1 Like

Running the animation on a click would be the best of both worlds. And simple to do, with just a javascript oneliner that changes the static image to the animated one via onclick(). The animated one can even be preloaded to a hidden IMG object (which may not be a good idea for mobile users on slow or metered connections).

Would also save CPU for browsers that wouldnā€™t have to animate stuff.

2 Likes

ā€œIt corners great. I canā€™t wait to get on the freeway and check out the acceleration.ā€

7 Likes

Catnip-boosted insoles?

1 Like

Step on it

5 Likes

"It corners greatā€¦

actually, heard it was prone to flippingā€¦

6 Likes

Even better, when will there be an extension on Chrome for stopping/playing animated GIFs that works properly? OR, a keyboard command in the browser that does the same, ala Firefox?

2 Likes

reminds me of Slithe riding on his Nose Diver (link to image since Iā€™m a ā€œnew userā€):

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/thundercats/images/9/9c/Nosediver.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20110831163552

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.