Count to ten thousand! (Part 1)

1 Like

Like dresses for toddlers, the official female uniform for star trek includes a pair of panties.

2 Likes

in my heart, renke. in my heart.

2 Likes

Red Wing Engineer 2268.

Most likely software engineers, to “convince” users that a CR is stupid.

2 Likes

5 Likes

DESTROYIT

this will be my band name

4 Likes

All those switches and dials really please my inner 8-year-old. WANT.

Set in 2271, apparently.

1 Like

That’s a software emulation. But I had one of these to play with when I was that age:

(not a number entry, just a reply)

3 Likes

TLC2272 Dual Low-Noise Rail-To-Rail Operational Amplifier

1 Like

The Blackbird was an impressive and elegant beast.

8 Likes

They flew one out of Moffett Field during the cold war. The P3 Orion sub searchers were a constant, but occasionally you’d hear one of these or a U2 coming in for a landing. Distinctive sounds both.

3 Likes

Had them in the air over Hill Air Force Base in the 80s before they officially existed.

Now there’s one in the HAFB museum that you can stand next to. They’re glorious beasts.

3 Likes

so choice. if you have the means, I highly recommend picking one up.

was kind of a let-down when it was pointed out to me that there was simply no room, and they would all weigh too much, for the X-men to use it for deployment.

6 Likes

That reminds me of a story my father told us back in the early 80’s. He had been backpacking in the Sierra and was on the edge of a canyon when a strange craft went speeding by below his feet. Years later we realized it was someone hot rodding in an early F117.

5 Likes

nightmare in pink

2 Likes

I feel slightly ill that I thought “Prada” before my eyes focused on the text. Why the hell do I know that?

1 Like

The ROTC teacher at my college worked on them. He said in order for things to fit right at speed where the plane got compressed from heat/speed everything was loose when it was on the ground so it leaked fuel when on the ground. The jets had to be spun up with car engines as the fuel would not take till it was quite hot.

5 Likes

sounds like some kind of consciousness-changing radiation spill. you should wear a tinfoil hat all the time.

2 Likes

If a surface-to-air missile launch was detected, the standard evasive action was simply to accelerate and outfly the missile.

USA! USA! USA!

2 Likes