Dick Cheney feared assassination by cardio device hack

Your Oz-themed metaphors are so cute. ^^

The surgeon confirmed that the heart was indeed black and pumping bile and bitumen round his veins.

Not mine, props to @billstewart above!

Hello,

I had been thinking about this on and off since I read the article on Saturday [October 19th], and was thinking to myself, “there’s something that doesn’t seem to jibe here…” It just occurred to me that was, “Why would former Vice-President Cheney even be worried about such an attack?” I mean, after all, if you subtract all commentary about Vice-President Cheney from the article and this accompanying discussion, it all sounds rather James Bond-ian. “Oh, we’re going to assassinate a politician by remotely reprogramming his pacemaker.”

Then it occurred to me that the reason Vice-President Cheney was concerned about this kind of attack was that he was aware it could be done. For that matter, maybe the intelligence services of the U.S. government had studied how to assassinate people via attacks on their medical implants. I know there has been public research in this area for a few years now, but perhaps this is one of those topics which has been studied for much longer by governments as a weapon.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.