Did you ever want to play questions?

PS: Didja bring us any gifts from your vacation destination? Huh? Didja?

At the very least we should be eyeing a box of stale salt-water taffy, right?

1 Like

Anyone else not holding up their end of the questions due to flying back from one trip to attend a funeral today, followed by going right back to the airport tomorrow morning?

And didn’t the person we’re honoring today die too soon and too quickly to be able to send off properly?

3 Likes

No, and can you believe I walked back in to find the same networking problem that caused me hours of lost time the day before I left? It’s totally got me in the weeds minutes after I walk back in, causing me lost hours of time today as well.

I did bring back two photos above. Were you expecting Maine blueberries?

1 Like

Timecube.com is…gone?

Did anybody else find the _Blair Witch_iness of the second a bit disconcerting?

OH NO AND WHO NEVER MADE A BACKUP OF THE TEXT?!?!!?  

At least we’ll always have the archive.org pages, right?

Would you believe that Jamie Wyeth totally made a better version?

But then, he didn’t have to deal with reality.

1 Like

Wait, you don’t know about fairy houses? That get built by little people for fairies to use? That trail gets totally spooky at night, especially with the bells from the nearby channel markers bonging lonely in the night. I got a super creepy one last year, which someone had hung on a tree at eye level.

Is Maine known for their salt water taffy? I’d prefer to get mine local in NJ, at least there’s a chance it’s fresh.

1 Like

Have I only ever seen reproduction of purple-pink-and-sparkly ones? Would I not connote a bunch of sticks with either Blair Witch or Karl Edward Wagner’s Sticks?

Is there a beach-adjacent tourist area anywhere on the East Coast that lacks salt-water taffy?

(The building next to our condo used to make sw-taffy in the front window - it was cool to watch the old cast-iron machine stretching it. It’s just another rental condo, now.)

Is there one on the west coast even?

[quote=“OtherMichael, post:11176, topic:54417”]
Have I only ever seen reproduction of purple-pink-and-sparkly ones? Would I not connote a bunch of sticks with either Blair Witch or Karl Edward Wagner’s Sticks?
[/quote]You best be careful, don’t you know how much trouble you can get into in the woods by not using natural materials or pulling up still growing items? People take it serious out there, no pink, no sparkles. Find it on the ground and use it.

Is saltwater taffy good? It sounds kinda icky.

Is taffy the same as toffee?

(is it really made from seawater?)

It is just taffy and quite tasty but definitely not toffee unless of course you get toffee flavored taffy…who doesn’t like taffy?

1 Like

If taffy isn’t toffee what is it?

(can you tell I’m kinda lacking in the sweet tooth dept?)

Is saltwater taffy savoury?

Does this answer your question? Damn it don’t I want some now?

Salt and water, but no salt water, make sense?

I’m not a fan of it myself, but people go crazy for it.

1 Like

Could you please explain WHY people like salt water taffy? I mean, maybe during the war or Great Depression when sacrifices had to be made, but why eat the stuff now that caramels and other yummy chewy candies are readily available?

the many different flavors you can get of it?

1 Like