Eyes on the Prize, famed civil rights documentary series, is back on DVD and Youtube

[Permalink]

Way to stick it to YouTube by writing it wrong. Powerful, powerful message.

Sadly, Xeni is still being a shill to big PBS. “NewsHour” my foot: http://boingboing.net/2014/01/21/pbs-newshour-scientists-searc.html

1 Like

There is so much amazing PBS stuff that is just not out there in any form. Even episodes of NOVA are hard to find. I can only find bits and pieces of the original 321 Contact. I remember WNET airing tons of arts programming on Sunday nights. That stuff I can’t even find mentioned on the web let along find episodes anywhere.

2 Likes

“all but disappeared because of trouble clearing the copyrights”

There’s still trouble to be had. Part 4 has no audio because:
This video previously contained a copyrighted audio track. Due to a claim by a copyright holder, the audio track has been muted.

1 Like

I work at an educational institution that was using Eyes on the Prize as an instructional video and got burned when it became essentially unavailable. It’s nice that it got brought back a few years ago, but having been burned once, I wouldn’t recommend anyone relying on it or any other PBS material in being around for very long.

As rider noted, for some reason a significant portion of PBS content seems to become completely unavailable in any format fairly quickly.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.