Feedback on Discourse badges and BBS specific badges

An odd thing I noticed since the switch to BBS is that most people are much stingier with the ‘likes’ than they were on Disqus. I haven’t changed my behavior, so my ratio is about 4:1. :frowning:

6 Likes

Nah, it’s just @brainspore hogging all the likes, same as before :wink:

11 Likes

I really like the idea of a “balanced” badge.

Silver
“Shares the love”: Gave back 1 or more likes for every like received. Min requirement 500 likes.

5 Likes

So what’s this “leader” I’ve been seeing?

What is the daily like limit? I have some catching up to do :wink:

Is there a way of pulling up user stats - sort by posts, likes given, likes received?

1 Like

Next trust level up from regular. You get a shiny badge and some minor super-powers.
For a while you could set the “Leader” badge as a title, but not remove it. This now seems to have been fixed.

Ah…thanks!

What do users have to do to earn a “leader” badge?

Also, I read the community guidelines and no stinking badge ever shows up for it.

I you get it by handing a form of baksheesh handed over to @Falcor

It’s manually assigned by moderators

1 Like

There is a 24 hour delay at the moment, will be sorting that next week.

Does donating more money than I should to the EFF not count? :wink:

It’s manually assigned by moderators

What’s the requirements?

2 Likes

It’s really 100% up to the mods. not our call.

Which mods?

40 min later:

Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have a daft badge thrust upon them. :smiley:

I was under the impression that under the Discourse system “Leader” (Trust Level 3) was automatically assigned after hitting a particular metric of read/posts/deletions with “Elder” (Trust Level 4) being a hand-picked rank with real super-powers as opposed to the ability to just mess about with categories and the like.

I seem to vaguely recall a post about this somewhere, but things might well have changed since then. Besides, it’s Friday arvo, and I’ve had a few beers, so I may even be mistaken.

2 Likes

Which super-powers do you get with the stinking badge? This is already breeding covetous jealously and discord within this bbs. I love it.

2 Likes

The ability to re-assign some categories and change some topic titles. Nothing outside of the BBS and absolutely nothing to do with any other users posting abilities.

On the Superman scale, it’s the ability to run into the side of tall buildings and recognise speeding locomotives 2 times out of 3.

4 Likes

On the Superman scale, it’s the ability to run into the side of tall buildings and recognise speeding locomotives 2 times out of 3.

You get the cape, at least.

You get the “Leader” thing next to your name that implies the rest of us are the followers.

Entirely an optional tag. I keep switching it on and off because I’ve got a compulsion to mess around with things. And I certainly wouldn’t consider other people here as followers. Minions and subjects, perhaps, but I’m waiting for the “Overlord of Earth” badge to really make that one stick.

It is an interesting choice of word, but you’d probably need to take that up with @codinghorror for further discussion. I think there could be a better title for TL3, but quite what, I’m not sure.

2 Likes

What exactly is the aim of having those?

It is an interesting choice of word, but you’d probably need to take that up with @codinghorror

Pass.

You forgot the lounge. A lot of interesting reading there.