Google ordered to block images of Max Mosley "Nazi Orgy"

[Permalink]

Great, frothing sprays of Santorum! Will they ever learn?
(I hope not)

8 Likes

I read about this article over on the UK based The Guardian website. The article says over and over, please don’t link to the illegal photos/videos in our comments section. Then the comment section is full of deleted comments, and a link that links to the content. Funny how somebody thinks they can erase something from the interwebs.

1 Like

And remember, nobody ever asked to be tied to a bed and whipped by someone dressed as a liberal.

4 Likes

Ouch!!!

1 Like

I don’t know about that one… Aren’t Librarians usually liberal (even naughty ones).

3 Likes

Only 200 more countries to go

2 Likes

Of all the stupid shit associated with this story I find myself still taken aback at the sheer, mind-numbing, effort of will it must have taken to summon this little gem of cognitive-dissonance:

“It’s a fair decision,” Clara Zerbib, a Parisian lawyer who represented Mosley, told the Times. “This case isn’t about censoring information, but about complying with French law.”

1 Like

I find the interesting thing about it is how so many of the general public must have an image or two floating around the internet, if not floating among private hands, yet still find the time to vilify the public figures of the world for doing the same things.

Cue the “Well, I never did anything like that” comments…

1 Like

It’s like Jesus said, “Let he who has not donned a swastika and let a group of white supremacists place him in testicle restraints whilst shoving a dildo up his ass throw the first stone.”

11 Likes

Well then, I’m just going to claim I never did anything so pedestrian, and that all my illicit images are far more shocking.

2 Likes

Impossible to tell if you’re sincere or trolling, but different privacy standards have always applied to public figures. If you don’t like the fishbowl, don’t run for office.

Also, Mosley is not being vilified, he is being mocked.

Also also, I never did anything like that.

4 Likes

Mosley took part in an orgy, but it was -not- Nazi themed. That’s why he was able to win his case against the News of the World.

1 Like

You are catching the fact that the “Nazi” bit is in the title of an article about the son of the most prominent British ever? It raises questions whether he likes it or not. What he consensually does in the bedroom may well be none of anybody’s business but the Nazi part is something concerning in a hugely successful businessman.

1 Like

You are also catching the fact that I was speaking in a general sense, and never made specific mention to Mosley, notwithstanding the post’s topic was directed at Mosley.

1 Like

This goes without saying, but the “I’m better than that” implication is the problem I address. Everyone has skeletons in the closet, and everyone loves to expose skeletons, as long as they’re not their own.

Or maybe it’s glass houses I’m thinking about.

edit: Anyway, I have more respect for those who can admit to fucking up and move on, rather than those who perpetuate the Streisand Effect, a la Anthony Weiner or Rob Ford.

1 Like

You dancing? I’m askin’.

2 Likes

Somewhat disingenuous, given the context, though.

1 Like

But you see, this is where it gets complicated.
He went to court to suppress images that were “characterized” by NOTW as Nazi-themed, and were never intended to see the light of day.
I have a brother, an immediate relation by blood, who regularly spouts thinly-veiled racist crap about African-Americans and President Obama in mixed company. I thoroughly loathe him and his ideals, and have disowned him.
Due to the question of the links to Mosley’s father’s past – does the fact that I have dated a couple of African-American women necessarily have to have any specific relation to my issues with my brother, whether seemingly submissively sympathetic or apologist? I think not. I cared for these women outright, not due to some suppressed guilt or obsession with their culture.

If it’s simply an issue of “face value” images, why aren’t films like The Night Porter or Salo (the 120 Days of Sodom) still banned?
What about adult couples who engage in Teacher/Student or Parent/Child sex play? Does this necessarily make them pedophiles? They are not actively engaging in pedophilia, so how is it our place to say they are pedophiles without explicit evidence? Does this mean because Mosley was engaged in sex play that impersonated Nazi incarceration (again, never intended for public consumption), he truly believed in what the Nazis stood for? We may never know.

I’m not passing a verdict on whether Mosley is guilty or not. I’m simply saying that we’re often as bad, and need to stop with the “sanctimonious” act that we internet sleuths seem so bent on portraying, because we’re heading into the territory of thoughtcrime.

4 Likes

Good point, well made.

1 Like