(Hmmmmmmmmm)
Watch out for that tree

Drone, Drone
Drone of suburbia
Light as it can be
(Hmmmmmmmmm)
Watch out for that tree

10 Likes

What is it with this automatic scaling of images (and videos) to the width of the screen? The video looks like pixelated crap at my normal window size. I had to take my browser down to about a 450 pixel width in order to have the video scaled to the right dimension. Maybe it’s time to write another TamperMonkey script to go with the “Hide Cory show Xeni” one :wink:

Is it really trashed? I’d hope you’d only have to replace a couple of rotors after a crash like that.

So poignant.

1 Like

*cough*

Not a drone.

1 Like

Agreed, but I think that battle is already lost.

1 Like

What is the difference between a drone and a remote helicopter/quadcopter? Serious question, because I’ve seen news stories that claim police are now using drones but the photo of their “drone” looks no different than the typical quadcopter that a hobbyist uses to film aerial video.

The strict dictionary definition is:
“an unmanned aircraft or ship that can navigate autonomously, without human control or beyond line of sight:”

The media just loves the word drone so much that they call every single multirotor copter they see a drone whether it is or is not one. They’d probably call a camera-less quadcopter that can only be operated in the same way as a normal RC airplane a drone just because it’s a quadcopter, despite not calling an RC airplane a drone in the same segment.

1 Like

A quadcopter programmed to crash repeatedly into a dead horse is a drone.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.