HOWTO braid your long hair into a Gimli beard

[Permalink]

This may be the ultimate answer to all of those crocheted beard-hats from last year. I may have to grow my hair out again. But the link isn’t working for me – my browser says it’s done loading but the page is blank.

More like Middle Earth English teacher, amirite?

2 Likes

I clicked on the link for the tutorial and got nothing but a blank page. I know people who would like to do this, too.

I’m given to understand that it’s not a proper Halloween costume for a woman unless it’s a “Sexy Gimli”, with low-cut armor.

3 Likes

BoingBoing strikes again.

‘Sexy Gimli’. God, I hate the future…

2 Likes

Boingboing strikes again.

“You have my barrette.”
“And my bow.”
“And my scrunchi!”

4 Likes

This is my wife’s picture, and we’re both ecstatic that she got featured on BoingBoing. Since some people are having some trouble accessing the picture, I posted it to imgur as well: http://i.imgur.com/zqGBVvQ.jpg

3 Likes

Great! I’m glad that some kids somewhere have a teacher with imagination and whimsy. I was saddled with old hags who had their imaginations surgically removed when they entered the field.

Do female dwarves in Tolkien’s universe typically grow beards? It seems to be a typical stereotype in other fantasy fiction.

I think there’s only, like, three females in Tolkien’s universe, bearded or no…

1 Like

THIS. IS HAPPENING. THIS IS WHY I HAVE LONG HAIR.

This woman is a genius.

1 Like

post pics

1 Like

If it was the D&D movie dwarf instead of the LOTR dwarf, we’d be talking about how long and soft her moustache was…

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.