HYST Generic Discussion Thread

Continuing the discussion from Have you seen THIS?:

2 Likes

Seems like itā€™s from 2011, just doing the rounds again.

2 Likes

I wondered that tooā€¦ glad I wasnā€™t the only one.

3 Likes

I hate to say it, but when I heard he was filibustering over his opposition to the patriot act, I couldnā€™t help thinking ā€œWell, heā€™s not ALL bad.ā€

I feel unclean.

2 Likes

http://www.tshirthell.com/truthor.htm

When you turn on your television (this applies to anything displaying video, including movie theaters, computer video, youtube/internet video, apple tv, and even animated GIFs), there are beings utilizing that media feed, attempting to access information about you through hypnosis and using you for energy and a variety of other purposes.

Well, @Mindysan33 - youā€™re screwed.

N.B.: if people want to have a bunch of posts talking about that nut and/or his ā€œtheoriesā€ we should open a dedicated thread.

2 Likes

Wow and I thought the timecube guy was bonkers.

1 Like

Iā€™ma go put on my foil hat. BRB.

1 Like

True Class Warfare Warriors!

When the people shall have nothing more to eat, they will eat the rich.
ā€“ attributed to Rousseau

1 Like

@crenquis - nope?

Only visible to the finest of folks.

ā€œhotā€ link to an imgur gif ā€“ perhaps workplace filter.

1 Like

VPN, in this case.

If a woman thinks too much, sheā€™ll grow a manā€™s head.

(Polish or Russian proverb I distinctly remember reading, illustrated, in a book of proverbs, for which I can find no online citation. I also remember ā€œThe Lithuanian is dumb like the pig, but smart like the fox.ā€ Polish proverbs, I believe.)

1 Like

Continuing the butthurt from Have you seen THIS?:

If I had a nickel for everytime something I posted showed up on the front page, Iā€™d haveā€¦ Iā€™d have a bunch of nickels. Several of them. Possibly enough to play PacMan with?

1 Like

Do you realize how much work it is to browse through the Guardian and cut and paste URLs? Do you??

3 Likes

Are youā€¦ disappointed with BoingBoing?

May I note proudly that this leading-question has become ā€œa thingā€?

</proud-papa>

9 Likes

@beschizza @jlw - are there any public stats-over-time that you would care to share?

I certainly donā€™t get the feeling that BB is a corpse, sad or not.

The sheer number of new features and bloggers would seem to indicate otherwise, as well.

2 Likes

If you listen to Johnā€™s Rum Doings podcast (itā€™s quite good, actually), itā€™s clear that heā€™s a long term reader of BB who isnā€™t a fan of the amount of sponsored posts/affiliate links/Big Silicon posts. They talked about it a few episodes ago.

1 Like

Not being a fan is one thing; saying that BoingBoing is a ā€œsad corpseā€ implies that it has failed and is not a going concern ā€“ thatā€™s a traffic-based assertion.

1 Like

Itā€™s all about ethics in games journalism.

3 Likes

Maybe heā€™sā€¦disappointed with BoingBoing?

5 Likes