Identify your dog's breed

I need to know where this is from.

I would have thought he was some kind of lap dog myself

I donā€™t know what happened here

6 Likes

9 Likes

Can we agree this tool is kind of shit at its job?

1 Like

Nominally, yes, but we canā€™t seem to agree what itā€™s job is. It might yet be brilliant at it.

12 Likes

9 Likes

10 Likes

I wonder who else is a Boerboel?

5 Likes

El Chupacabra!

2 Likes

The ap thought it was a basenjiā€¦but he is a beagle-Jack Russel mix. Like a 40lb muscular Jack but the most gentle and calm dog you could imagine. Nose to he ground like a beagle but lacks the baying bark. Heā€™s a great dog.

1 Like

generic ā€œdogā€ isnā€™t good enough anymore?

Apparently it thinks I am either a German or Dutch Shepard. I donā€™t know what to think of this.

19 Likes

Yes, my dog had the scale problem. Heā€™s an 11-lb Mexican Hairless/Chihuahua (probably) mix and he got results ranging from Corgi to Dutch Shepherd Dog.

Also Iā€™m apparently a Border Collie which I have to admit surprised me. Have you SEEN my hair? I was 100% sure Iā€™d get Poodle.

2 Likes

It couldnā€™t even match ā€œChinese Crested?ā€ That oneā€™s easy!

5 Likes

It actually said Chinese Crested to a picture of me in a ridiculous hat.

2 Likes

Our lab doesnā€™t do this specifically, but we do contract out to one of those DNA-ancestry companies. There are three marker sequences that are absolutely unique to humans, and we do check them. Itā€™d be a pretty bad PR move to be testifying about someoneā€™s paternity when some clever lawyer tried to have us establish human paternity from a chihuahuaā€™s buccal cells. Yes, itā€™s been tried.

4 Likes

Garbage in, garbage out. Assuming it is using some kind of neural network algorithm, applying stimuli outside the expected range will pretty much guarantee random results. And then there are the morons people deliberately trying to mis-train it.

So no, I will refer you to the proverb ā€œA poor workman blames his toolsā€.

You have just described the ideal dog!

1 Like

2 Likes