Ironic ATM

[Permalink]

I remember seeing this ATM at the DNA Lounge in San Francisco. It had several other, similar messages, such as “SUBMIT - CONFORM - OBEY / MARRY AND REPRODUCE / NEVER QUESTION” and “FEAR THE UNKNOWN / MONSTERS ARE REAL”

1 Like

http://www.dnalounge.com/backstage/atm/

1 Like

Right, it’s a Jamie Zawinski thing (jwz) at his club. :smile:

Feed Me a Stray Cat
4 Likes

So is the meta-joke that the ATM owner is such a clueless rebel-without-a-cause that he doesn’t grasp the irony of a ATM owner railing against capitalism, or…?

More and more I feel that it’s a waste of valuable brain cells to try to decipher irony more than one level deep. I’d say something about “fuckin’ hipsters” if I believed in hipsters.

1 Like

This comment is even funnier when you realise who actually owns the ATM.

1 Like

Deciphering irony? Don’t think too hard about it, whoever was setting it up just had a bit of a sense of humor when they were setting the custom messages. Not like irony or humor are new ‘hipster’ things.

1 Like

Heh, yep… I finally got to visit the legendary lounge at long last, when we held BSides-SF there this last february. I have never felt so happy letting a little ATM gobble up my debit cart as I did there. Yes, it’s silly, The place is a bleeding rivethead club, full of people that helped build the very tools that are used to control us. AKA: my kinda of folks. Shit, if we can’t laugh at ourselves…

1 Like

They Live

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.