Man stuck behind ATM slips "help me" notes through receipt slot

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2017/07/13/man-stuck-behind-atm-slips-h.html

5 Likes

And there you have it, criminals. No reason to actually haul away an ATM machine if you can just kick down the door.

9 Likes

Its an AT Machine :wink:

But I think you still need a key for the secure part of the ATM.

6 Likes

10 Likes

…for which you use a PI Number. Yeah, we get it.

8 Likes

People thought it was a joke because the machine still functioned. If he had been able to induce a malfunction where they didnt get their cash, it would have been no laughing matter.

God, I hate human beings sometimes. People are OK, but the humans are mostly just fucked.

7 Likes

I’m impressed anyone still has a current phone number memorized.

14 Likes

Yesterday in Corpus Christi, Texas

It was 90 degrees with 90 % humidity in CC, Texas yesterday, he lost a few lb’s sweating.

15 Likes

Phishing scam. :roll_eyes:

7 Likes

I would hope for his sake that the room being connected to the bank at least via drive-thru canopy, there’d be ventilation and A/C.

If not, I think it kind of foolish there’s not even an intercom when the bays have them.

5 Likes

PI Number

How did you find my PIN?

2 Likes

Hey, gents! We may have just knocked down that door, but please don’t dismantle or otherwise molest that machine. :unamused:

2 Likes

He probably had his phone, but no cell reception inside the room.

4 Likes

maybe he’d have better luck if he didn’t scribble out the phone number? /s

10 Likes

That’s not really an indictment of human character. On the face of it, I definitely wouldn’t have believed that a human could fit inside a functioning ATM. Somebody sliding prank notes into the front of the slot so they come back out with someone’s money seems much more plausible.

5 Likes

And you your I Dentification.

Uh. wait…

1 Like

Interesting, except…

4 Likes

I’m glad they got him out after only two hours. I was afraid he was in there for days.

On a lighter note, I was reminded of this old gag.

10 Likes

Not here at the Department of Redundancy Department it’s not.

6 Likes

Huh. Smart enough to remember a phone number, dumb enough to let a locking door close on him.

5 Likes