July 4: Rumblefish claims to own US Navy rendition of "America the Beautiful"

But fuck you if you think we’re going to let you celebrate that without trying to scalp you for some of that sweet sweet patriot moolah!

2 Likes

I prefer on penalty of death to the company, but that works too

1 Like

We need to fix that.

1 Like

shit does roll down from the top you know

1 Like

Yeah, that’s not how it works. It’s public domain inside the US, and it’s public domain outside the US. Any label that’s claiming to have rights to the recording abroad is committing fraud.

So I suppose the pertinent question is, are you in on the fraud, Rumblefish? And if not, could you go ahead and publish the name of the company, and all the times they’ve used you to make fraudulent copyright claims on this recording?

4 Likes

Drive-by, frothing-at-the-mouth troll drives-by and froths-at-mouth.

Alternatively, a hapless hired gun needs money to pay the mortgage or the student loan. Not everybody who looks evil necessarily is.

1 Like

Our descriptions are not mutually exclusive.

1 Like

On the plus side, you can execute them; and their organs are often quite valuable.

1 Like

Nick Naylor: [out loud] “I just need to pay the mortgage.”

Nick Naylor: [to self] The Yuppie Nuremberg defense.

1 Like

To whomever is the marketing drone who was tasked to create this account and do “damage control”:

I pity you, because your job requires you to lie and deny and act as if you like it.

I hope you can find a better job, working for a company that is a bit less evil than Rumblefish.

I mean that very sincerely.

P.S. Your attempt at damage control was worse than useless, because your “comforting” assurance below

begs the question of how much money it cost Adafruit in lost add revenues during the time the false and fraudulent claim of ownership was active.

Will Rumblefish be repaying that?

5 Likes

I get that, on the one hand. On the other, my tolerance for that defense is limited. If I had no moral compass, I could easily take my skillset and make roughly twice what I make now as a quant. (OTOH, I don’t have trouble paying my student loans, and I don’t have any dependents, so it’s easy for me to talk.)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.