Leaked NSA report reveals push for new surveillance powers

[Permalink]

How much more surveillance could there be? None more. None more surveillance…

2 Likes

When the mentality is “They might do x; therefor we must do y”,
there will never be an end to expansion and escalation.

2 Likes

We need to develop a systematic plan to dismantle the NSA and manage post NSA personnel. It’s a big ask but it is possible.

2 Likes

That sounds like a challenge. There could be lots more! If the US installed as many cameras per square person as UK, just think of the profit! Also, 9/11!

2 Likes

9/11? That’s 0.81818181818181818181818181818181818181818181818181818181818181…

1 Like

What is the difference between 9/11 and a cow? You stop milking a cow after 10 years.

4 Likes

sounds very politically orientated. oops, i meant tax-free funded.

‘Smith!’ screamed the shrewish voice from the telescreen. ‘6079 Smith W.! Yes, YOU! Bend lower, please! You can do better than that. You’re not trying. Lower, please! THAT’S better, comrade. Now stand at ease, the whole squad, and watch me.’ -from Orwell’s 1984

1 Like

NSA surveillance can be bypassed if you have the proper Internet knowledge. I have created an eBook which teaches the users how to protect themselves from the NSA surveillance. You can check the eBook page here http://www.gofundme.com/yeswescan

This is the cold war arms race all over again.
Also, Keith Alexander reminds me more and more of Curtis LeMay.

Nah, he’s already bypassed LeMay. Although, I spent some years living at SAC Headquarters under LeMay’s reign - all the cray-cray 3 a.m. alerts. The pretty white missile planted on the grass in front of the commander’s offices as a testament to our warmaking tech. But no Star Trek Enterprise bridge office. Even LeMay lacked that kind of comic book self-indulgence.

I remember stories of my dad and his guys flying LeMay around with the Shah of Iran and others, as they sold our then-allies on our technology and military guidance. And then…we deposed their government and declared them an enemy. Whoopsie! Woe (or, whoa) unto those who ally with the US. So sorry. We’re just a bit fickle that way. Kind of a bitchy frenemy, really. Who knew that applied to our own citizens? I keep picturing an applause meter - one side says, “Yes! You are that stupid!” The says, “Yes! They are that evil!” Survey SAYS!..

[quote=“AliceWeir, post:12, topic:14914, full:true”]
Nah, he’s already bypassed LeMay. [/quote]

Oh dear - I take it, that means we’re screwed?

Too late - we’re already there.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.