Presidential panel urges new limits on NSA's spying powers

[Permalink]

Nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure.

5 Likes

I’m just waiting for the NSA’s big data to achieve sentience.

1 Like

I’m sure the Transparency President will be eager to adopt these proposals.

2 Likes

Good question here from Xeni’s twitter stream:

Does this NSA report recommendation imply that NSA is conducting offensive cyber attacks against financial systems? pic.twitter.com/UlO0HN1vH7

— Trevor Timm (@trevortimm) December 18, 2013

Harold Finch would like a word…

1 Like

They don’t get it. The entire US and the world is facing down the NSA and they still don’t get it. The 6% congress will becoming the 0% very shortly. The president can join congress’s tanking approval numbers. They are on wrong side of history. This president will be remembered for being on the wrong side of history.

5 Likes

This is not helpful to the discussion, but every time I see that picture I think to myself “jeez that’s a lot of cars, does no one at the NSA fucking carpool?!”

3 Likes

About as I expected. This will not be solved inside the political system - that’s what caused it in the first place. Inmates, asylum, zippo, juxtapose!

I’d say Boeing would agree with him. Losing a $4.5 billion deal to sell fighter jets is probably something that makes you wonder if this whole affair is cost effective.

2 Likes

Read that as, “Tell everyone that you’re sorry, but next time, just don’t get caught.”

1 Like

extra funny cause of the timing and ironic possibilities.

yes.

maybe.

Excatly. This was simple placation and move along. Back to business as usual.

“The president’s panel agreed with the growing consensus that mass electronic surveillance has no place in American society,”

"the panel appears to allows the NSA to continue the mass collection of emails, chats and other electronic communications of Americans "

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 4 days. New replies are no longer allowed.