Trump asks Congress to permanently reauthorize NSA's expiring power to access domestic call records

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/08/15/nsa-zombie-revived.html

Trump Administration wants Congress to bring N.S.A.’s deactivated Call Records program back to life.

2 Likes

Thank Gawd the President Trump is Making America Great Again by giving us back our Freedom.

8 Likes

This is actually great. All this evil shit that has slipped under the radar as “patriotic” should now be presented next to his sociopathic grin. Worst Case Scenario Trump is who we should all forever imagine anytime we are considering giving a shred of surveillance to the executive or intelligence agencies.

6 Likes

Wait, isn’t this the guy who spent months screaming that Obama illegally tapped his phones?

25 Likes

…“insert anything here”.

11 Likes

I’m sure Congress will tell them no. Right? Hah.

3 Likes

Well, that’s official, he’s been corrupted by the “Deep State”, he’s probably working for the Clintons now.

Or at least that’s how we should pitch it to Alex Jones.

7 Likes

The maverick libertarians have more of a chance of voting no than the establishment Ds.
i.e. there is no chance in hell that this is not passing.

3 Likes

I guess “Hey, what happens when there’s a Democratic President?” doesn’t register on the right.

2 Likes

Wasn’t this program also shown ineffective against terrorism?

2 Likes

What makes you think there will ever be a Democratically elected president, ever again?

3 Likes

I think it was his microwave that was tapped. Allegedly.

2 Likes

I think we are kind of lucky that it’s President Biff that is making this request. Because you know he is so competent, and he’ll find just the right bipartisan tone to woo Speaker Pelosi and…

and…

I am sorry, but I cannot continue without laughing.

3 Likes

tenor

4 Likes

the USA Freedom Act

lol, F. U.

And “insert anything here” is exactly the kind of demoncrat degeneracy that causes forest fires, hurricanes, White Women seeking out Negro Jazz musicians and WHARRRR-GARBLE!!1!!ELEVENTY!!!

3 Likes

Not sure what I’m reading here…but okay?

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.