Look at the interesting badges on these Russian cops detaining gay protesters

Dude, you’re calling someone out for not ‘doing it right’. Have a snickers, you’re not the Internet police.

They have a Chicago based subsidiary.

Oddly the last thing Li Ning USA (@LiNingUSA) tweeted was a retweet in support of Jason Collins after he came out.

Every OMON member in that pic looks like a Bond villain.

Isn’t that the Equality logo on his shoulder as well?

You’re right, homos is Greek, not Latin. Homo Sapien comes from the Latin, Homosexual comes from the Greek root word.

1 Like

Funny, now Yelena Isinbayeva is trying to hide who her sponsors are. Notice the difference:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:EAcFlCr7f5cJ:www.yelena-isinbaeva.com/en/sponsors+&cd=2&hl=sv&ct=clnk

http://www.yelena-isinbaeva.com/en/sponsors

3 Likes

…if there was a deep, hidden meaning to your pithy comment, it was lost on me.

“Gentlemen! You can’t fight in here! This is the war room!”

1 Like

Dude… the graphic I posted above clearly includes the Nike logo and not the Li Ning logo. You’re entirely right that Li Ning is her personal sponsor, but since China is a human rights shithole on par with Russia I don’t think you’re gonna have much sway on a company there.

True. I was totally wrong, based on this update to the article:

Thought I would send a clarification of the article you just posted
about the incident with the OMOH/HOMO cops. The cops are actually
breaking up a thuggish gang of soldiers who had been harassing a
single gay rights protester. Video of the entire incident is available
here. After the cops drag the protester away and put him in a police
car, the soldiers persist, and actually try to pull the protester from
the police car to continue their harassment of him. It looks like
several of the soldiers wind up fighting the police.

The irony of the thuggish anti-gay soldiers dressed like a pride
parade parody of military men is amusing, but not nearly amusing
enough to cancel out the brutal reality of what is happening in the
video.

“I don’t think you’re gonna have much sway on a company there.”

I’ve spent nearly 15 years in Hong Kong and China working with companies on labour, social and environmental issues. I’ve come into contact with Li Ning quite a few times over the years, and your statement is so wrong that it defies description.

I’ll write however I want. To suggest I don’t write long-form posts is a complete joke. I’d be interested to see a global word count on BB comments because I’d confidently say I’m in the top 10. Furthermore, how is the comment you replied to in anyway relevant to your criticism. It’s not my job to do the thinking for you or any other BB reader who can’t be bothered to apply simple critical thinking skills to situations, photographs and ideas being presented.

Did a swear word upset you? Aw.

1 Like

So I should just take your word for it? Do you have any examples you can point me to where public pressure forced a large company in China to change their tune? I don’t entirely doubt your assertion but I still question whether Li Ning would even care about pressure from outside China, especially considering one can’t even buy Li Ning products where I live.

PS: That doesn’t mean I didn’t tweet at them anyway.