Manimal, real tv from the 80s

Is that Joe Regalbuto?

It says so, but I have no idea who he is…

George Clooney was in it too!

Joe Regalbuto was a friend of my dad. Played on the Beth Sholom Bagel’s softball team in Santa Monica, CA.

Also, he was in Murphy Brown and at least 1 STTOS episode as a Klingon. Old Style Klingon!!!

1 Like

Well, if it makes you feel better, a quick search of Amazon shows Manimal, Automan, Max Headroom, Knight Rider, Airwolf, and plenty of other shows on DVD…

I would like to put in my nostalgic two cents for The Wizard:

Edit: Oh lordy; and also The Renegades:

Nobody has that kind of money.

Are you sure? At the time, I was a teenager, and I LOVED shows like that. However, my tastes have changed.

I even tried selling my wife on the old Battlestar and Buck Rogers series (thanks, Netflix). She was not impressed, and I even admitted that they were not as great as they seemed.

I remember Manimal, much as I wish I didn’t. However, its one saving grace was that the intro was voiced by the legendary William Conrad, who also provided the opening narration for, among many others, the classic “The Fugitive”, was the original narrator for “Rocky & Bullwinkle”, starred in “Cannon”, and was the original Marshal Matt Dillon, back when “Gunsmoke” was on radio (which probably ties with “Suspense” for the best radio drama series of all time).

this aired when I was in 3rd or 4th grade. that theme music used to get me so amped!

why lie? it still does.

also, @daneel, Streethawk used to be my show, too.

Good thread, everyone.

Well, who hasn’t had moments like that?

The day Netflix is better than googling ‘[insert thing] +torrent’ is a long way away…

I remember watching as a callow ant in the (19)80s.

1 Like

Manimal was one of my favorites shows when I was a kid. I agree that if you watch it with nowadays eyes it looks kitsch, but back then in the eighties into that golden kids’ age I still believe it’s awesome! (and I prefered it over Dallas)

1 Like

A lot of them were cool back in those days. What was that name of the show with the Chinese boy who knew karate, and a non-Asian cop? It was a buddy cop show.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.