Microsoft, NSA and FBI reveal secret 3-way romance

[Permalink]

1 Like

“This new capability will result in a much more complete and timely collection response from SSO for our Enterprise customers.” That means the NSA is providing Skydrive data to the Starship Enterprise, right?

1 Like

What concerns me is that all this focus on the NSA has distracted us from the fact that other domestic government agencies with much broader missions are getting access to things they have no right to.

Those very documents mention the FBI and Dept of Justice getting access to some of the same things that the NSA got, yet nobody seems to bat an eye anymore.

I am much more concerned about my private data getting to the FBI and Dept of Justice than the NSA.

2 Likes

Well, one of the very real differences is that the FBI an JD are allowed to gather data on US citizens, whereas the NSA is prohibited from doing so.

I’m not saying that the JD and FBI don’t have access to things they shouldn’t, but the case with the NSA is much less legally ambiguous and easier to make. Gotta start somewhere, right?

3 Likes

While many people might agree that the FBI and DoJ has more of a right than the NSA to data on US citizens, that’s only if they have a warrant. It’s becoming pretty clear that most of the data being collected is warrantless, which is completely illegal even for the domestic agencies.

I am much more concerned about my private data getting to the FBI and Dept of Justice than the NSA.

I think it’s more productive to concern ourselves with all of the above instead of squabbling over which is worse. The main weapon they have against us is their success (in collusion with mass media) to make solidarity a dirty word among many Americans.

We need to unite and fight mass spying and overreach by our government and corporations.

In other news, the bombshell on American surveillance is coming soon:

Edit: This link above is the 2nd half of the interview, listen towards the end after “biggest impact” - If you want to watch the entire episode see my original link below:

(entire show)

In a nutshell, the general public is about to find out exactly who the American securitocracy spies upon within the USA itself.

It’s likely to be revealed in less than a month and it’s going to be arguably the most historic of all the Snowden leaks the general public has heard thus far.

And, CNN will pray to God for another missing airliner, terrorist attack or both.

2 Likes

The difference – and I don’t know if it’s a real difference beyond being on paper – is that the FBI and DOJ is theoretically subject to more oversight. FISA courts (NSA) are a sham. Regular courts are a little less sham-like. So, it should be easier to expose things like illegal wire-tapping. (Bigger issue in my perspective is the “legal” warrantless wiretapping and the like that happens (for example, the FBI being able to look at all of your email stored on Google because its “abandoned”, which probably dwarfs the illegal stuff.)

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.