Mike Brown was shot "at least" six times, twice in the head

Why the fuck would he rob a convenience store of some cigarillos?
People steal small things far more frequently than large things because the perceived risk is less. Petty thefts of this nature happen all the time.

Why the fuck would he then walk down the middle of a road?
You see people doing this all the time. Why? Beats me… seems unnecessarily dangerous to me but it’s a thing people do.

Why the fuck would he then scuffle with a cop (which everyone seems to agree happened, regardless of whether he reached for his gun)?
Mike didn’t know that the cop didn’t know that he had robbed the convenience store. Running away is sometimes a heaps better option than getting a felony arrest.

None of these things make a lot of sense to me, but I can believe that the cop may have thought Brown was going for his gun even if he wasn’t.
I don’t know… It’s certainly a possibility and I’m obviously not the best to comment on such matters (not being African and/or American) but my understanding from the things I’m into are confirmed by the post Xeni made yesterday in regards to African Americans’ lack of faith in police. There’s the go-to example of Public Enemy’s 1990 track 911 is a Joke which is specifically about how cops and ambulances take forever or don’t show up at all. Surely 20 years would change things, right? Nope. 2013’s DDFH by El-P and Killer Mike rap about situations exactly like what happened with Mike Brown.

But even if all this happened, and even if he did go for the cop’s gun, this doesn’t explain why he was shot from a distance when he was unarmed.
Word.

3 Likes