New Hugo Award categories for puppies

Murph was clearly a trolley, and it didn’t take long to realize that. I eventually flagged him rght about when I started responding in mostly just memes/gifs. And Falcor took care of it, which was expected and also very much appreciated.

This user is suspended until September 13, 2042 7:38am.
Reason: Ranting trolley

So yeah, I’m definitely for flagging when appropriate @codinghorror, and I probably would have done it a little sooner if I wasn’t also having a bit of fun, and I don’t see anything wrong with that. And forgive me if I have a little fun with misogynistic assholes. Yeah, I think I and others have deserved a well-placed penis gif or two in response to this shit.

Also note that I was the only one to flag murph (I think). Not all the trollies are going to get flagged. Even when it’s “obvious”.

And what is a trolley, anyway? I mean murph was kind of obvious, but they all aren’t. We even have a few long-timers with accounts beginning in 2013 who are coming from ridiculous pro-gamergate and/or puppies points of view, and not always kindly. Identifying trollies isn’t black and white, necessarily, @chenille is right.

Note that I was suspended once for a month or two and I’ve never complained about it.

Just wanted to respond specifically about driving trollies in this thread, but will take any additional comments to the other thread linked above.

7 Likes