New Layout?

The blog is reverse chronological and should contain everything posted – if it doesn’t, it’ll get fixed.

I’m not sure why this is the case. Peculiar! If it doesn’t right itself quickly I’ll ask the Discourse chaps about it

2 Likes

You people want the ASCII thing in glowy green on black, don’t you?

Appalling.

16 Likes

Well duh.
and we liked it! get off my modem?

8 Likes

@shaddack would like the whole site driven by CLI.

7 Likes

I think you just saved BB for me.

@beschizza: I’m pretty sure /blog is not showing all the content. Compare /category/post with /blog:

1 Like

The menu bar thingie here on the BBS is kinda wonked-up for me now. Sometimes it shows up as I scroll, and sometimes it doesn’t. Is that a separate issue I should ask about elsewhere?

I’m happy as long as there is a choice and it looks like /blog is going to be the one for me.

You /grid people on the other hand… you apparently process information in a far different way than I do.

1 Like

You’re getting a cached version of “blog” that’s an hour or so out of date. Not sure why.

If anything, category/posts will tend to miss an item now and again when authors uncheck the default “posts” category when adding something more specific (like “review” or “feature” or what have you)

Sanity, ranked

1: /blog
2: /
3: /grid

8: /ascii

6 Likes

/ascii is my #2

3 Likes

Blue background with white text?

1 Like

as ever with a redesign, expect tweaks and changes as things get settled in and we study feedback.

2 Likes

Even reading through this whole thread, I still don’t understand why /page/1 would change. Is it that hard to just leave one thing alone when futzing about?

7 Likes

I disagree. Animal related is @jlw and nemos wheelhouse (doghouse?)

I tend to prefer amber on black.

5 Likes

Alas, it died as a result of a configuration change to the homepage and to te wordpress setup in general. We’ve ditched a bunch of grody old plugins (good) but the pain is that a few things related to pagination changed (ugh)

2 Likes

Yes, plz to fix. I’d assumed it was just too get folks to click to the main site.

1 Like

Whilst I am fond of opining that we should make the internet harder to use again, there are limits…

2 Likes

Yep, thanks, I read it on the BBC site. My point is in which BB view did you find it?