NSA conducts massive surveillance without ANY Congressional oversight

[Permalink]

“You know I could have been in the NSA, but they found out my parents were married.”
-Robert Redford, Sneakers

3 Likes

This is the part of the order I rely on, “2.8Consistency With Other Laws. Nothing in this Order shall be construed to authorize any activity in violation of the Constitution or statutes of the United States.”.

2 Likes

Meh, like the bible, the true meaning of the constitution is still up for debate.
:wink:

1 Like

is still up for debate.

Not to imply that the debate will come to any conclusion. Of course it’s up for debate. That’s what politics is

1 Like

When a branch of the US government declares itself independent of the others it rejects legitimacy as well as interference. Our constitutional government mandates interdependent checks and balances.

The US government derives it’s just powers from the consent of the governed. When a branch of government shrouds itself in secrecy it severs any claim to consent.

The current actions of the US intelligence agencies are unjust. Their actions are illegitimate. They are bad governance. They reject the spirit and soul of our traditions. They poison our faith and trust in government. The sham of law that they have fabricated to justify their acts destroy our love of the law.

To quote Brandeis:

Our Government is the potent, the omnipresent teacher. For good or for ill, it teaches the whole people by its example. Crime is contagious. If the Government becomes a lawbreaker, it breeds contempt for law; it invites every man to become a law unto himself; it invites anarchy.

Embracing secret, unaccountable government will destroy us.

9 Likes

Ha ha! You do know that part’s like a “user agreement” right? Nobody reads that shit or follows the requirements outlined in it.

How does the defendant answer to the charge of Warrantless Surviellance?

I am a fish, your honour.

Case dismissed.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.