Pro director reviews Blackmagic Pocket Cinema camera

[Permalink]

Shutter angle set to 144 degrees, and at all of the ASAs available. 200, 400, 800, 1600.

For those used to still cameras, that’s approximately 1/60th second (1/23.976 * 2/5).

1 Like

“All MFT lenses. I did use a Tiffen Variable ND when possible to open up the iris. The magic really unfolded for us in color grading. So if you have a post workflow that definitely includes time with DaVinci Resolve, this camera is worth checking out.”

I’m pretty sure I’ve heard the Doctor say these things about the TARDIS, haven’t I?

1 Like

Wow. I’ve already got a bunch of MFT lenses, so I might have to get one of these for shooting macro videos of bugs.

1 Like

I got mine recently, and have been playing with the footage. Adapting an Angenieux 15-150mm cine zoom to it is in process - need to machine my adapter a little bit, but it’s a really, really nice camera for its size. Yeah, it can be a pain in the butt to work with, and the firmware is limited, but it’s amazing, amazing footage. You can lean on it so hard in post compared to DSLR or AVCHD camcorders…

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.