? ❓ ⚛ Questions. Questions? QUESTIONS!? ⚛ ❓?

Isn’t 1554 a nice dark beer? While I can get tired of some New Belgium brews, don’t I usually buy that one at least a few times in the fall months?

2 Likes

Anything’s better than Fat Tire, at any rate, eh?

2 Likes

Does Paradox distribute out there? Do you like sours?

1 Like

Doesn’t it sound familiar, but I don’t think so? Haven’t I tried a few sours and kinda liked them, at least for a change?

1 Like

Isn’t that a beautiful shirt? Wasn’t I disappointed by the Basquiat shirts at the gift shop? Wouldn’t I love one more like that?

4 Likes

So NPR, why did you choose today of all days to get interested in EPL football after decades of indifference? Did you really have to wake me up this morning by telling me the score of the match I’ve been looking forward all week to watching this afternoon?

7 Likes

I feel your pain, don’t I have to pretty much avoid the internet completely if I missed the fights, usually broadcast early in the morning due to the time difference?

And don’t I have to also be careful around my phone, seeing as some of my contacts will unintentionally txt me spoilers, assuming that I was also watching live?

1 Like

Bit of an anti-climax, eh?

Still, didn’t I always think the Everton game would be the one that mattered? Although isn’t it possible that Chelsea put an end to it tomorrow?

2 Likes

Yes, though hasn’t Chelsea been crap this season, even after they got rid of the execrable José Mourinho? And won’t it be an exciting game to watch, provided I can manage to avoid hearing the score before I can watch it (which will be around 18:00 HST=4:00 GMT, so please nobody post the score here before then+90 minutes)?

2 Likes

Oh my goodness, Ricardo Montalban, don’t those tight pants you wore on that episode of Columbo leave nothing to the imagination?

3 Likes

Was he still playing a Japanese crime lord?

3 Likes

Wasn’t he playing a former matador?

3 Likes

Anybody else go far a nice walk today?

Isn’t it interesting how 3 year olds want to run all the way up, then be carried all the way down?

Aren’t I glad it was only a 2 mile round trip?

10 Likes

No, I think before he was Yakuza he was a swimming polo player…but why was he not a water polo player?

(edited for topicality)

3 Likes

Did I post this earlier on? Shall I post it again anyway?

6 Likes

Maybe lions need coffee too?

?

6 Likes

So what’s the problem?

6 Likes

Do any of you remember watching the Groovie Goolies back in the 70s?

Don’t I remember the show fondly, but wouldn’t I bet that if I rewatchd it, my fond memories would be ruined?

6 Likes

Was it shown as a re-run? Mustn’t it have been, since I remember it and it appears to be older than me?

2 Likes

According to wikipedia:

Never a critical success, the Goolies had appeal, reappearing in 1971 as The Groovie Goolies on their own solo show. After one season with Sabrina, executives decided that the Goolies were strong enough to make it on their own, and thus Sabrina and the Goolies both received their own separate shows. The following year they had a feature entitled Daffy Duck and Porky Pig Meet the Groovie Goolies (which was part of The ABC Saturday Superstar Movie), teaming them with the Looney Tunes stars. Interestingly, this movie featured a brief, live-action sequence featuring some of the Goolies, including Drac, Wolfie, and Hauntleroy. ABC later rebroadcast the original series for one season in 1975. They finally entered syndication in 1978.

… and don’t I recall first watching it in its 1975 incarnation?

5 Likes