Rock stars of the 70s, and their parents

[Permalink]

2 Likes

That’s absurd! Celebrities don’t have parents - except I think a few of them have famous parents.

Note the artwork for Alice Cooper’s first LP on the wall in the Zappa home.

5 Likes

This was fun when David posted it back in November 2008!

Same photo with the story too.

4 Likes

Similarly, famous footballists (soccerites?) of the 70s:

and 80s:

2 Likes

Better link with more pics: https://fansinaflashbulb.wordpress.com/2010/08/26/the-rock-family-affair/

I swear my parents had the exact same wicker chest as David Crosby’s dad.

1 Like

Noticed the same thing. Cool.

Zappa, so incandescent with talent, he lights up the walls, his parents, and their furniture.

1 Like

Yep, mine had the same wicker chest, too. Probably from a big department store. They jokingly called it “the cobra basket”.

1 Like

Zappa’s parents, sitting on a sofa sofa. Kinda scares me.

I want the Zappa sofa and the Crosby screen. Who do I have to kill?

Whatever happened to wicker? Back then it was big to have wicker chests, chairs, nightstands, etc. Don’t think I’ve seen wicker anything for years.

I use up a wicker sofa every couple of years. I get new ones at mega-marts (“where shopping is a baffling ordeal!”) or chain grocery stores in the early summer, in the “seasonal” aisle, or from the cheap imported furniture place in the farmer’s market. I have a couple of wicker chairs and end tables too, but basically I only have them because it was cheaper to buy a set to get a sofa at some point.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.