Secret of Qwerty is a 'typing RPG' that will steal your whole afternoon

[Read the post]

2 Likes

I haven’t played it, as typing games are the devil’s work. "Edutainment " but I digress. I’m pretty sure the screenshot is a idocracy quote nod. “Welcome to Costco, I love you.”

2 Likes

I was just about to make the same comment! Love the “I love you” in the store. :thumbsup:

Also of interest, Typing of the Dead, and Typing of the Dead Overkill which is available on Steam.

1 Like

Looks like so much fun! But, what? Windows only?

1 Like

I would suggest playing Turing Adventure, 3D escape room title where you have to convince your roommate robot in 5 minutes to help you disarm ticking bomb. Turing Adventure was a winner of Colossal Leap Award in this year’s Gamejolt’s Adventure Game Jam.

“This award is given by our panel of judges to an entry that pushes the envelope of adventure gaming in some unique way, opening a new door to the ever evolving world of adventure gaming.”

Jury was consisted of Kentucky Route Zero, Gods Will Be Watching and Quest for Infamy creators.

I almost forgot a link to it: http://jams.gamejolt.io/adventurejam/games/turing-adventure/59029

:smile:

1 Like

Secret of Qwerty at least runs in wine nicely.

I’m with you. As someone of the “Final Fantasy IV to VI are the pinnacle of the genre” persuasion, I found this intriguing.

As someone not currently using Windows, my reaction to the “name your price to download” screen appearing before the “will I be able to play this” information was this:

Is your game Windows only, game making person? May I suggest using your awesomely game-honed typing skills to type “Windows only” right there in the description. It would be appreciated.

1 Like

This is why non-resource intensive games should all be in the browser anyways.

4 Likes

I only type 100 wpm, but only the final boss was remotely challenging. Although I did like that you can speed through combat by typing quickly. What did you think of the difficulty, Leigh?

It was super easy at 60wpm. Only got hit once because I transposed some letters from brain to keyboard.

Now Typer Shark… that was a game that challenged me.

Thanks for this tip, I loved it! I did a Let’s Play of it, though had a bit of a struggle fast typing, spelling and do commentary at the same time in a second language :stuck_out_tongue: .

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.