Sen Lindsay Graham promises a fine future for "white men in male-only clubs"

ADMIN NOTE: Feeding the trolls is permitted, but please remember who the trolls are fed to. Phthalates, parabens, polychlorinated biphenyls–all tough on a Don’t Push Your Luckdragon’s mysterious innards.

17 Likes

Oh gods, you’re right! And that’s why racism must exist, too - someone was sarcastic to a white person! (Slavery then, must have been the response to a really mean internet post.)

/sarcasm (In case you mistook it for a hate message.)

13 Likes

Maybe he feels he needs to play the Man Card more strongly, as Lindsay is also a popular female name.

Keeping the voters informed and all.

Of course it was a joke. It doesn’t mean there isn’t some truth to it, but folks like Graham feel minimized. I work in a very liberal environment and while its a stereotype that they act as though heterosexual white males are evil…there is a considerable amount of people within this group that truly believe it. I would be upset, but then I remember that heterosexual white men control 90% of the world and realize that I don’t care. So when the stereotype is making you out to be evil, you will laugh about it. I talk to my conservative friends and joke that when us liberals get together, we pray to Marx and eat tofu while willfully submitting to perverted homosexual acts in front of children. Its a joke. I hate tofu. Sometimes you laugh about the stereotypes…all in all, this is the least offensive thing I’ve seen from Graham. Given everything he’s ever voted on and how he’s helped steer the country negatively, I find it offensive that idiots can’t tell this is a joke and focus on this as opposed to finding a way to impeach his credibility on everything else.

1 Like

That’s pretty hilarious considering that the U.S. Senate is 93 percent male and 96 percent white.

7 Likes

I see this meme pop up now and again, and it makes me sad. It is actually a picture of Shane Koyczan, who campaigns against bullying, and is perhaps best known for his spoken word “To This day.” It is pretty great, I suggest watching it. It was featured on boingboing last year, as well as being made into a Ted Talk.

So hey, maybe don’t reuse this meme? There are a lot of faux-persecuted alpha males out there to choose from (#gamergate). I’m sure you can find a better one.

8 Likes

Yes. Which is why mentioned this. Thank you for clarifying what I had already alluded to.

Thank you for pointing that out. I hadn’t seen the video, which is fantastic, and I appreciate the introduction to Shane’s work. I changed the image above. Thanks again.

7 Likes

“I work in a very liberal environment and while it’s a stereotype it’s my perception they act as though heterosexual white males…” blah blah blah.

FTFY

1 Like

This user is suspended until August 15, 2288 2:10pm.
Reason: “As a white guy I’m fine with this. So many traditional men’s spaces have been invaded and feminized, it’s time to look out for our own again.” Sexist troll

See you in 2288, lucius. Maybe by then someone will miss you.

10 Likes

Digestion does take time

5 Likes

It’s an interesting thing about coins. It’s only when a coin is standing upright, on edge, that things happening on either side of the coin are directly comparable. When one side of the coin is on the bottom, and has been for a long, long time… it becomes a whole different thing. I mean, let’s say a plant tries to grow on either side of the coin… the one on the underside doesn’t get any light, the one on the top side is just fine. Maybe a beetle wants to stretch its legs… top side, it’s fine, bottom side, it’s got a whole coin to lift up (and probably some entitled topside beetle lounging about as well).

So when somebody complains about something being the opposite side of the same coin, the first worry should be is if one side of that same coin is already down, and if not, can we get them on equal footing first?

4 Likes

@Brainspore
Those are all valid points, yet if someone calls a woman a “b” in a thread here it’s a very bad thing, yet I see asshole, douche, and lots of other things thrown at men…but that’s okay because men have repressed women for so long and we are just suppose to man up and take it.

@milliefink

I don’t have to “mansplain” anything to them. They rarely complain about male attitude or behaviors in a non personal way. There is no all men are evil for them. There is “Bob” at the office is a sexist jerk, and we talk about that, but nothing about how the company, society, or anything is hindering them in their lives. But then again I treat everyone as I want to be treated - and they generally do the same for me.

1 Like

You obviously didn’t bother to read the article milliefink linked to, because you’re doing it again.

7 Likes

Well, he will be the first gay president.

I had the misfortune of living in South Carolina when Graham was still a representative and Strom Thurmond was senator. However bad he is, he’s a vast improvement on Thurmond, whom I met once when he came to give a speech where I worked. He told 15 minutes of really dirty jokes and stunk up the joint with Ben-Gay.

2 Likes

Ah, “invaded” and “feminized.” Women now exist in spaces where they once weren’t welcome, and so that’s “invasion” to you, and also “feminized”, merely because women now demand the respect and recognition they deserve and have a right to as OVER HALF OF THE FUCKING POPULATION OF THIS PLANET.

If you are that threatened by women existing in your space, the problem isn’t with the women; it’s with you.

Edit: @daneel flagged your comment, so I retract my previous comment. :smile:

7 Likes

I find it interesting that you respond this strongly to a silly meme (lol @ “hate messages”) and yet you seem to be ignoring the trollies and non-trollies who dismiss, downplay or outright deny harassment against women. Your priorities are noted.

Gee and you wonder why chauvinistic, misogynistic men exist?

Ah yes, of course, the oppressed are totally causing chauvinistic, misogynistic men to exist. OF COURSE!

4 Likes

@bcsizemo I wouldn’t mind calling you a “b”. It’s suited for implying women in this thread should be considered man-hating bitches because they stooped so low as insulting an asshole who happened to be male.

1 Like

I liked it by mistake when I flagged his comment. Didn’t notice I had until it was too late to unlike it.

6 Likes

I was about to ask about that… was looking at the turd’s profile when I saw you gave him his only like, but the WTF and subsequent clicks led back here, so that’s cool

1 Like