Sexist scientist "apologizes" for conference remarks, says he was being "honest"

Frankly, yes. In comparison with that holy grail, pretty much everything else pales into insignificance.

Hell, I like von Braun merely for getting men to the Moon. Sure, it was a bunch of cisgender white American males who walked up there, but it does not make it any less of an achievement. And you celebrate his work every time you switch on your GPS.

Yes. Because they are. I’d prefer spending a quality dinner with a “bad” Nobel Prize laureate and talk about biochemistry than having the same dinner with a SJW talking about oppression. But that’s just me. Feel free to heap your scorn, I’m too drunk and too tired today to care anymore.

We live in a world built upon this. Look at the history.

At certain numbers, a bunch of anecdotes become a representative (or semi-representative) sample with statistical significance.

Yes and no. There is the lack of pain inherent in seeing others lucking out, the reminders of all the fails little and big. Same reason why I eschew fiction with people crap and prefer documentaries. Triggers, they call it, I think.

I have control over my behavior. I do not have nearly such control over my feelings.

Make it a relationship targets. That doesn’t help too. Less complex, same outcome, just less stress about failing because that’s granted; I couldn’t see the nonverbal signs of interests even if I could get any. Then naturally somebody else wins the game and I just get to replace the surnames in the mail accounts. Happy life, isn’t it. Oh well.

I can give up and avoid the complications. I cannot be happy for others lucking out while I can’t. Sorry for not being ideal, so sorry.

And yes, it is something I wanted, to belong and settle down. Little wonder, it is apparently a hardcoded behavioral pattern that goes to monkeys and beyond. I am at least honest enough to admit it.

A quarter century (or more, depending on the cutoff when to count from) of loneliness with just enough success to know what you’re missing will do quite some wear on your mind.

Anyway, sleep for me now. It’s 7 am and the process spawning loop in the data acquisition system will need my attention tomorrow.