Smells like Bee Gees, an audio experience

[Permalink]

1 Like

Tremendous and amazing. I approve of this video.

2 Likes

Agreed, Australian white boy disco and US white boy rawk works sensationally

This makes it very close to the level of awesomeness of pomDeterā€™s

I wonder who did it? That wasnā€™t obvious.

3 Likes

It took me 30-plus years to appreciate anything about the BeeGees, and not just hate them and puke at the sound of their music. Iā€™m still waiting for similar epiphany re: Nirvana. I know, I know, Iā€™m slow. Donā€™t flame me bro.

1 Like

I went into this expecting something lessā€¦ tame.

Too much Neil Cicierega has decalibrated my weirdness meters, I guess?

Best mash-up Iā€™ve heard, as far as I can recall.

Kinda surprised someone didnā€™t do this five minutes after the genre was invented, thoughā€¦

Didnā€™t like the pomDeter thing; Iā€™ve gotta listen to the first one again to clean out my ears.

As the Youtube video is not accessible from here ā€œbecause it could contain music from UMGā€ (yeah!), would somebody check if it is the same as:
http://vimeo.com/42778020

2 Likes

Almost identical, but the video on this one adds so much! To think, Cobain could have saved the seventies if that darned flux capacitor had worked.

I prefer Smells like Bootylicious: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXGSBpMHcpA

well doneā€¦ but I still prefer ā€˜Stayinā€™ Hotā€™

2 Likes

I think that it is technically brilliant, but as mashups go, pretty awful.

Underscores my thesis that all pop/rock songs over the last five decades are in fact exactly the same song.

I call it the Grand Unified Theory of Pop Music.

1 Like

I never hated Nirvana, just never got them, yeah they did have some very catchy riffs but my first impression of hrmm a metal REM, whatever still sticks with me.

As Stayinā€™ Alive mashups go, itā€™s hard to top this one from Wax Audio:

4 Likes

Bravo! I agree with what I take as your implication ā€“ this one beats the OPā€™s mashup.

The video really makes it.

Thatā€™s bad ass.

Itā€™s got some flaws, but itā€™s certainly the one to beat overall once it gets going with the chorus overlap, etc.

Bee Gees & Ben E. King