☭ Sup Marxists? ☭

In Cultural Marxism, the People (the “Culture Vultures”) control the means of Cultural Production. Youtube, Twitter, Facebook, Soundcloud, Flickr, &c.

Since my|our mind-melded collective gestalt has been outed, I|we might as well admit to my|our Sekrit Literachure:

#The Cultural Marxist Manifesto

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of media struggles.

Mass Media has subjected culture to the rule of the producers. It has created enormous bodies of creative work, has greatly increased urban media consumption as compared with the rural, and has thus rescued a considerable part of the population from the idiocy of rural life. Just as it has made the people dependent on the cable monoplies, so it has made illiterate and semi-literate countries dependent on the civilised ones, nations of watchers on nations of producers, the East on Bollywood and the West on Hollywood (and Africa on Nollywood), and all of us on Facebook.

The weapons with which the Mass Media felled illiteracy to the ground are now turned against the Mass Media itself.

But not only has the Mass Media forged the weapons that bring death to itself; it has also called into existence those who are to wield those weapons — the modern media class — the Culture Vultures.

The Culture-Vultures disdain to conceal their views and aims. They openly declare that their ends can be attained only by the forcible overthrow of all existing Mass Media. Let the media classes tremble at a Culture-Vulture revolution. The consumers have nothing to lose but their chains. They have a world of Entertainment to win.

##Culture-Vultures of All Countries, Unite!

9 Likes