Superbly Awful Library Books: mega-gallery of terrible (but awesome) book covers

The plot of “Foxcatcher”?

1 Like

It does look a lot like Chekov’s gun.

3 Likes

Speaking as male, I’ve wondered much the same thing for much of my life.

“Surviving Hostage Situations”? Don’t take hostages out in the open street. Select an indoor venue, with few points of entry and exit, over which you exert substantial control.

5 Likes

“You go ahead and keep cleanin’ your gun, Martha. I am just going to see what’s on the boob tube. Hmmm looks like this show takes place at night. Hey, Martha? You ever notice how all the TV shows seem to take place at night? And it’s real quiet?”

“People these days are too busy for complicated plots and too much drama.”

“Yer right as usual.”

1 Like

Here are the others in the series

The back cover of Wrestling for Gay Guys

3 Likes

This list seems to be missing the best book ever:

Home Firearm Safety

in the dim gray
linda cleans her gun

it is shining

under the eyes
of leonardo’s lady
glenn stares at a an empty
screen

it is shining

the air is taut
with unscreamed rage

it is shining

and far away a lone dog barks

FIN

8 Likes

“It Won’t Last Forever” ROFL!

You should get someone to put that down in cross stitch.

The HURTS OF CHILDHOOD series. Collect them all!

If you think about it though, imagine being gay and 14 with ye ol’e tripwire erection in a time of severe homophobia.
For hetros imagine being 14 and trying to stay appropriate while wrestling spandex clad girls, and that is a situation where a surprise visitor would be expected, at least by all of the boys.
(edit)@jerwin linked the back cover above, but the concern above was a real one for a friend in HS.

3 Likes

some from my public library
]1

1 Like

Oh good, I wasn’t the only one!

1 Like

Just the idea of “quick and easy” sex toys makes me queasy.

1 Like

OK… The Biology Coloring Book appears to depict a bowl of udon or ramen noodles flanked by kimchee, edamame, and Chinese black fungus (also a food item). Now I’m hungry! :smiley:

1 Like

These are mostly awesomely horrible, but I’m going to call foul on the Japan Cat book. That’s just Japan. They still do this. See http://www.jalan.net/nyalan/ for instance. What are they thinking? ‘We’re Japan, we know cute. Let the pros handle this!’

Poor Graci Evans. Three entries on the list.

1 Like

Be careful, when you bite in, the inside will be like lava and the outside still a little lukewarm.

1 Like