The billionaire had his panic room built soon after his first child was born

Actually, I do know a person who inherited a great deal of wealth. My brother dated her for a time. It was very interesting how careful she had to be about her life. Any personal thing could be used against her, either by her so called friends or by political enemies. She lived with a great deal of fear not only of poor people, but of her wealthy cohorts. I could see her having a panic room. It sounded really stressful and not that fun to live the way she did, and the little things she was doing to try and enjoy her life just seemed like normal living to us - but were huge milestones for her. She was a nice person but the way she grew up so extremely sheltered seemed like it had harmed her.

3 Likes

One nice thing about not being incredibly wealthy is that you don’t have to second-guess the motivations of every person you let into your life. For example, it never would have occurred to me to get a prenuptial agreement because I know that my wife is definitely not into me for my money.

5 Likes

Better to be a producer than an actor, in the end.

2 Likes

Yes, I also do not have to worry about that :smiley:

One of the things I remember, my brother was confiding in her maid about some problems in their lives - and they had a lot of really crazy stuff going on, stuff that would make anyone kind of nuts - and she was telling him, “No, you cannot share anything private with the maid. She will talk to our friends’ maids.” And the maid was probably the only person who understood all the stuff they were dealing with. On the up side, apparently you can get a lot more fun of a house for several million.

3 Likes

The parents go into the panic room and the child remains locked outside until the threat has passed. Case 39, closed.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 933 days. New replies are no longer allowed.