Transparency, Wichita-style

[Permalink]

2 Likes

Now I want to stage a commando raid and swap out all of the blackout markers with eye-searing highlighters.

6 Likes

Ah, there’s nothing like Government Openness.
Seriously, there’s nothing like that.

8 Likes

Well who knows, maybe it’s related to national security. Maybe the… uh… Venezuelan ambassador was… umm…

5 Likes

This is how I’m filling out my next income tax statement.

7 Likes

This sounds like Wichita. Our police force seems to have gotten the idea that interfacing with the public in a constructive way is for sissies, and besides, if they act like assholes or call your wife names or try to pick a fistfight in the street (all of these I’ve seen with my own eyes or had happen to me), what are we as civilians gonna do about it? And because our governments both state and local seem to feel that their job is to do whatever they want then patronize or harass the dummies who ask questions, achieving true governmental openness in Kansas is sort of a Sisyphean task.

9 Likes

β€œYOU CAN’T HANDLE THE TRUTH!”

(The Boing, Boing message handler does not like brevity.)

3 Likes

Yo, citizens of Wichita, we heard you liked some FUCK YOU, so we got you some FUCK YOU to go with your FUCK YOU!

I have this fantasy of the chief of police being called into the mayor’s office (or whoever is the chief’s boss) and having that document tossed on the desk in front of him.

At this point, he’s told: β€œYou have exactly one minute to convince me not to fire you.”

13 Likes

The information is probably there in the police station. Somebody in Wichita, go in and get it!

It makes me wonder how many other jurisdictions pull this sort of crap without anyone ever catching on.

2 Likes

Does anyone further object to the label police state, still?

It seems like the news media is merely a useful way for civilian law enforcement to give the rest of the civilian population the finger.

5 Likes

β€œIf you’ve got nothing to hide, you’ve got nothing to fear”

4 Likes

none of this is any of your business!

2 Likes

β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ

β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ
β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ

β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ

β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ lol.

23 Likes

This on top of Wichita’s notorious penchant for illegal wiretapping.

I hear you singin’ in the wire
I can hear you through the whine
And the Wichita Lineman is still on the line

14 Likes

How dare you say that!

5 Likes

You blankety-blank blank!

2 Likes

Better idea, just take the documents themselves. Looks like groups like this one have to be established, certain don’t-ask approaches apparently work.

4 Likes

The report looks to me like a clear case of obstruction of justice, not that you’ll get the police to charge themselves with that.

1 Like

4 Likes