Ferguson police: Officer doxed by Anonymous isn't the one who shot Mike Brown

[Permalink]

Reprehensible. No matter if your opponent is the cops or an abortion doctor, this tactic is an invitation to murder and it has to stop.

7 Likes

TheAnonMessage was suspended. Here is a screenshot of those tweets: http://i.imgur.com/4czzl0r.png

The entire police department is an invitation to murder, and unlike your purely theoretical fears of vigilantes killing cops, the department has actually murdered people.

It’s terrifying to see that even after a situation like this, people still wring their hands over concern for the safety of the cops.

7 Likes

There was an interview on All Things Considered yesterday with a city councilwoman from the area, and she said everybody in the community already knew who the officer was, because he was well-known from doing his policing.

3 Likes

It’s terrifying to see that even after a situation like this, people still wring their hands over concern for the safety of the cops.

The entire police department are trained and given weapons to protect the area residence and property. The protesters are unintentionally giving cover to the assholes to the north who are throwing bricks at cars on overpasses, setting buildings on FIRE and robbing the area BLIND. The police are right to say GO HOME. the constitution says Peaceably assemble not destroy your neighborhood.

You’re absolutely right, but a murder does not justify another murder. Nothing does.

I am sorry if I have terrified you.

But as you acknowledge there are two different groups, the protesters and the “assholes.” The latter’s criminal acts do not give the police the right to harass, intimidate, and criminalize the protesters.

7 Likes

You know… the easiest way to avoid this kind of issues would be for (wait for it)…the police department to issue a statement. ANY kind of statement. Even one that lies.

Right now they are waiting for someone to come forward with a cell phone video of the shooting. They figure that if they released a statement right away saying the shooting was justified and there was violence on the part of the victim, that they would get into more trouble once a video surfaces. By waiting to see what is released by the public they can make a statement once they are sure not to be contradicted by evidence.

If no video surfaces then they will make up whatever they want.

5 Likes

Maybe the police should deploy their manpower to address these “assholes to the north” instead of intimidating peaceful protestors? You know, instead of saying they’re not going to respond to 911 calls because they’re too busy aiming their guns at people walking around with their hands up.

8 Likes

The entire abortion clinic is an invitation to murder, and unlike your purely theoretical fears of vigilantes killing cops, the clinic has actually murdered babies.

It’s terrifying to see that even after a situation like this, people still wring their hands over concern for the safety of the abortionists.

1. Cut-n-paste as your ideology would dictate.
  2. Release your manifesto
  3. Execute (so-to-speak) your action, and be assured of a warm reception by n virgins in [heaven].
    3.1. Never apologize.
    3.2. There are no mistakes.
    3.3. There are no innocents.
    3.4. If they’re not part of the solution, they’re part of the problem.
    3.5. Kill them all; [deity] will know [his|her|its] own.
1 Like

In the same sense that the good cops in that department (if there happen to be any) are unintentionally giving cover to the assholes who MURDERED an unarmed young man.

The police have the right to detain people who are committing crimes. That doesn’t mean that the First Amendment right to peaceably assemble (or even document the situation for the media) need be suspended until every other person in the city stops committing crimes.

10 Likes

Everyone Else: Michael Brown shot by Feguson police isn’t a person who should have been shot

Doxing people is super scary. Even if the locals know who did the shooting, people on the internet don’t and they can do a lot to harass and screw up the lives of people who had nothing to do with the shooting. But, to borrow a phrase I read the other day, the issue here is that an innocent man was murdered by the police.

If the people of Ferguson decide to start an armed rebellion against their police/oppressors then they won’t need names. Until that happens let’s not pretend that the cops that were doxed were murdered, or act like Anonymous is more culpable in this situation than the Ferguson police.

3 Likes

“1. Cut-n-paste as your ideology would dictate. 2. Release your manifesto”

This is the problem with intellectual moderates. Anyone willing to take a moral stand is characterized as a fanatic, irrational and willing to justify anything through ideology. Not because of the specific validity or character of the moral stand, but simply because it’s a moral assertion at all.

Indeed, you specifically equate my fundamental opposition to state-sanctioned murder to religious doctrine. Like, are you seriously implying that the idea that it’s wrong for police to kill unarmed people should be a matter of personal belief? That only fanatics would try to make other people to abide by that belief?

Meanwhile, the status quo remains conspicuously exempt from this treatment. People who are OK with the current state of affairs are measured and reasonable, avoiding bias and rash judgment as a good scholar should.

Fortunately, a lot of us are growing less and less concerned what armchair intellectuals think about the validity of our resistance, and more and more concerned about whether we will personally become the next victims of the police state.

5 Likes

The police violated the social contract. This is what happens when that breaks down. Ferguson Police have instigated a state of anarchy by their own lawlessness, and they perpetuate it by the same.

6 Likes

Good luck with your revolution, Mr. Trotsky. I’m sure you will welcomed with welcoming, ahem, arms.

1 Like

Police officers are PUBLIC servants, and for them to not be PUBLICLY known is damn shame. While I understand that people are needlessly being put at risk, I think that if the Police department had released the name of the officer like it told the public it would, instead of stepping back on its word, this wouldn’t of happened at all.

So people in the area know who the officer is? Great, well, this is now effecting our whole nation - share the info perhaps? It seems to me this entire situation is the people of Furgison have been being put needlessly at risk for a while now.
As Xeni put it, “Don’t ever change, Anonymous”

1 Like

It’s my understanding that they took the cell phone of a girl who was a witness at the scene. I’m sorry I can’t provide a source for that. I saw the interview with the girl - a teen - on my local news several days ago and haven’t seen it repeated in print.

1 Like

“This is the problem with intellectual moderates. Anyone willing to take a moral stand is characterized as a fanatic, irrational and willing to justify anything through ideology. Not because of the specific validity or character of the moral stand, but simply because it’s a moral assertion at all.”

In this rebuttal you may be referring to some prior post of yours, on a different thread. However, nothing in your post above qualifies as “intellectually moderate” or “moral”. Your primary argument (if I can honor it with that term) is that the police have the right to aggressively corral peaceable protestors because somewhere “up north” of them, crimes are being committed.

That is not mere anti-constitutional, it’s nuts. No one would dream of making this argument… unless he is in thrall to the belief that the people in question are mentally, morally inferior. Like minor children, or dementia patients. When you make statements that clearly indicate you believe working class blacks are like unto children and idiots… you aren’t displaying intellectual moderation.

Given the credibility of the Ferguson police department, at this point, “A person on the internet said they saw it on TV” is pretty much good enough evidence at this point.

But really, even if the video were to surface I wouldn’t expect the cop to be charged, and if the cop was charged I wouldn’t expect a conviction. I’ve seen videos of police killing black people before. Hell, I’ve seen videos of police killing white people that didn’t go anywhere.