U.S. Embassy employee filmed in a road rage incident in Malta

To be fair, having driven in Malta, one does reach one’s limit… :wink:

CIA. Under diplomatic cover. That’s why the embassy isn’t naming him. And why he’s such a complete asshole. I’ll bet if you look at the numbers, the US embassy there has about 50% more staff than countries of comparable size. And its a fantastic posting, right in the middle of the Mediterranean, great food, close to Europe and Middle East… Anyway. 100% CIA.

3 Likes

That was my guess. The ‘diplomat’ looked like he was used to getting his way, either legally, illegally, or by force. Too bad his car didn’t have plates on the front…

I juiced in the mid-80s and for the most part felt fine. But if I added Halotestin to my stack I woke up feeling like God, looking for someone to punch. The injectables never seemed to give me the same reaction. Anecdotal evidence, sure, but whatever.

Lot of Americans throwing themselves on their swords over this guy (not you, Martin - the guy in the video) but seems to me most Americans are fine people. Your Government not so much.

2 Likes

I’m suddenly imagining him as Otto from A Fish Called Wanda.

1 Like

Just tell people you’re Canadian.

1 Like

We’ll have to make sure that the next time somebody makes up a joke involving a Canadian lighthouse, that it remains accurate to Canadian Coast Guard regulations :wink:

3 Likes

I wonder if it’s significant that the guy was driving a left hand drive car in a country where right hand drive is the norm?

P.S. We do know that most Americans are not douchebags.

Agree with the always clever Cowicide. Blame Canada, with all that hockey hullabaloo and that bitch Ann Murray too. Blame Canada.

1 Like

The problem with that plan is that it’s the world’s worst kept secret. But at least telling people is a step up from the notorious maple leaf patch on your backpack.

Note that our undiplomatic diplomat (UD) is standing on a painted double-yellow line while gripped in his tirade. Also note that the Maltese have right-side-steering vehicles, whereas UD is in a left-side-steering vehicle. It is possible that UD felt he was headed the correct direction, from his point of view - the double-yellow was on his driver-side of the vehicle.

1 Like

If he did he was probably wrong on all counts. In the UK, and I think in Malta as well, a double yellow line indicates no parking at any time. It says nothing about right of way. normally, even in a single way street you’d expect the double yellow lines to be painted on both sides of the road or some smartarse will park blocking the road on the unpainted side.

3 Likes

Thanks. I’ve learned something new!

All governments should totally just do their hiring straight from the BB comments section.

I’m being sincere.

1 Like

America, F*ck yeah!

Lol at NASCAR. It is a rather embarrassing racing format.

Is there actually a difference between Nascar, Indy Something and Formula One?

I know what you mean, but I sincerely hope that t-shirts, flip-flops and short pants will never become of any official dress code.

Anywhere.

F1 isn’t popular in Germany?

(Primary difference: it has corners)

A fair bit, though mainly in the cars themselves; NASCAR vehicles are built up from a specific stock chassis, while Indy cars are purpose built. Dramatic differences in power and equipment.

All three groups spend time driving stupid distances in circles, but at least Formula One occasionally takes to city streets to make it interesting.