Video of people accidentally breaking things

[Read the post]

2 Likes

I canā€™t watch it. Too much vertical video. It hurts my eyes.

7 Likes

The cup tower smashing Cockatoo was my fave. I looked up the original, after she finished with the tower she started setting cups upright and knocking them over:

15 Likes

I really want to know the story behind the hit and run at 3:20 or so. It looks like they were taking video of scratches along the side of the car (either keyed or sideswiped) when they narrowly avoided getting creamed by that SUV, which then takes off.

Was it the same person who scratched up the side of the car? Is this just a fragment of a larger story of grievances, revenge, and broken hearts? Inquiring minds wanna know.

5 Likes

Yeah, if you go back about 15s you see the girl double park that same SUV and walk up to the house. Looks like she tried to come back and finish the job. :frowning:

She was probably mad about not being in the ā€œbirds are jerksā€ video.

4 Likes

Paul Jennings (I think) wrote an article about Resistentialism, the supposed French philosophy that ā€œles choses sont contre nousā€. But that video just reminds us that what is against us is generally sheer human stupidity (and avian malice - never underestimate the malice of a cockatoo. I have been told of Australian ones walking along an entire washing line, removing the pegs one by one and flapping every time some washing fell to the ground. Millennials probably wonā€™t know what a washing line was. It was what we had before condensing driers.)

4 Likes

Thanks, I must have missed that the first two times (the hell, me?). I thought that the broken house window video was separate. [facepalm]

The cockatoo was delightful. The rest were mostly painful.

I think thatā€™s a safe assumption. The person with the camera was clearly prepared for something to happen, so this probably wasnā€™t even the first time.

3 Likes

11ā€™-8" is a wonderful collection of a single bridgeā€™s crusade against poor measuring skills.

4 Likes

Is this video a way of trying to get me to buy one of the on-sale dashcams from the other thread?

5 Likes
2 Likes

We got rear-ended like that last year. My wife had to go to the hospital in an ambulance, and is still doing rehab (sheā€™ll be OK, though!). Point is, you are right that some of these are seriously not funny, although that dump truck sequence is irresistible.

4 Likes

There is something very gratifying about the ā€œpawangā€ sound at 4:15.

ETA: Less satisfying is the preceding clip, when the guy casually puts his phone away after 4:05.

3 Likes

Yeah, I could watch the Cockatoo a dozen times. The reckless driving, car dying (I hope it was the car) in the middle of the highway, and the violent bully destroying someoneā€™s property, not so much.

3 Likes

Kind of weird in a fail video, though Iā€™d guess the ā€œfailā€ lies within one or more of those things, since the property damage was deliberate in this case.

(EDIT: well, it does say ā€œfails and broken things.ā€)

I got buzzed by a cockatoo at Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park. It flew up behind me absolutely silently, then as it passed about an inch above my scalp it let out an ear-splitting screech. I very nearly voided my bowels.

Bastard.

9 Likes

Sweet.
Not as good as videos of industrial disasters but still pretty sweet. :smiley:

Ow, My Balls!

7 Likes

SUV lady going to jail for attempted murder.

2 Likes