Video shows car crashing into coffee shop booth as two guys recorded a podcast

Originally published at: Video shows car crashing into coffee shop booth as two guys recorded a podcast | Boing Boing

4 Likes

That one guy literally almost bought it… if the SUV had gone a bit more into the coffee shop…

Pop Tv GIF by Schitt's Creek

12 Likes

Even scarier, a guy with four mechanical arms burst in to kidnap one of the podcasters right after the car came through the window.

15 Likes

“What the fuck just happened here?”

Well said!

GIF by NETFLIX

10 Likes

I could imagine that at least one or both of the guys could’ve ended up with severe spinal injuries had the car gone in a bit further but glad to see everyone was ok.

11 Likes

Uh Huh Reaction GIF by Originals

10 Likes

10 Likes

I imagine a bunch of momentum was dispersed knocking over that bollard, without which, ouch!

10 Likes

And then there was what was happening next door.

2 Likes

Yeah, the vehicle hit (and flattened) a bollard or two on the way in, which is the only thing that saved them.

Yeah, though it went down a little too easily. A real bollard (or at least better foundations) would have put a huge dent in that SUV, instead… (cue World Bollard Association videos)

13 Likes

Having seen some before I did indeed think that was an ill-founded bollard. Gotta love bollards.

The WBA comment on the podcast video:

9 Likes

Man, everyone is a critic!

2 Likes

Dude on the left reacted as if a waiter had dropped a tray of dishes behind him.

That was some next-level calm.

4 Likes

TIL there is a World Bollard Association.

5 Likes

See, this is why they should be called drive-round’s, and not drive-thru’s.

3 Likes

I don’t think the vehicle actually knocked over a bollard, it appears to more or less thread the needle between two of them. My first thought was that whoever installed the bollards set them too far apart.

At 0sec you can see a bollard directly behind the right-hand glass on the table. The car runs straight into that bollard, which is then gone, and the car scrapes its neighbors as you saw.

2 Likes

After the vehicle pulls back you can see the bollard that it flattened. It looks like maybe it’s still solidly in the ground but bent over like a pipe cleaner.

2 Likes
6 Likes

A good bollard should stop a tank (which, as the video points out, is what modern SUVs have turned into)… World Bollard Association has some satisfying videos of various road monsters getting at least their undercarriages torn up by driving over bollards, when not actually getting split in two.

4 Likes