Vietnamese swimmers ferry passengers across flooded rivers in plastic bags

Here is the whole thing with a class of school children, even more fun, the teacher, who barely fits into the bag. Winter has been longer than usual this year here and it kept raining like crazy … greets from Ha Noi

1 Like

Huh, I didn’t know that - that’s potentially quite useful.

The bags looked kind of tied closed to me. I was thinking more of being trapped in a plastic bag as you’re swept downstream, unable to swim.

As far as I can understand it, the story accompanying the video is mainly about the teachers using this to go and teach children in the village beyond this river, despite the flood. There is no indication that the swimmers do it for any money.

Translation by a native Vietnamese speaker:

The passengers shown here are teachers and students at a nearby school who must cross this river each day. They know that the trip is not safe, but they have no other option.

The stream floods like this every year during the rainy season. The short trip is dangerous for the one who pulls the bag and for the child inside. Sometimes the bag gets a hole in it, so the passenger has to grab the hole to stop the leak.

They wonder why the government does not build a bridge, or build a school on the other side of the river.

Thank you!

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.