Wanksy draws penises around potholes, get them repaired

[Permalink]

3 Likes

Those roads certainly do look cocked up.

10 Likes

Anyone trying that in the rust belt in the spring would run out of paint pretty quick.

8 Likes

Funny, where I live, complaining bitterly about potholes is a popular pass-time. If you call the city and report a pothole, they’re there to fix it within a couple of days - but you have to actually call to report it. Whinging at those around you morning noon and night, or raging at the notion that even one metre of bike trail should be built anywhere when there is still a pothole somewhere in the city, doesn’t actually get them patched.

There are a lot of potholes in my city. I think this reflects the priorities of the people who live here.

2 Likes

That job can’t be too hard.

1 Like

That was a limp response.

1 Like

They’re probably ready to go again after a little nap.

1 Like

It’s a little known fact that your can draw a penis around pretty much anything that’s broken and it will get fixed within a few days time.

3 Likes

So that’s how schools decide when to get new textbooks.

6 Likes

Thanks to our winters + heavy traffic Chicago uses a lot of salt, which trashes our roads, so we don’t just get potholes, we get sink holes you can lose an axle in. The biggest one on my block had an upside down orange cone in it for about 8 months and once it was almost obliterated by being run over so many times, it graduated to a construction sawhorse guarding it instead. That’s been 3 or 4 months now.

BRB…need to run to the hardware store for a sec…

7 Likes

Same here. Report a hole, within a few days it’s at least marked and on a repair list.

People think it’s easier to whinge than to do something. And they definitely think that roads are magical things that notify the roads team by – what? Owl? “Oy, Hedwig, we’ve got a deep one here! More than an inch and people are angry! Fly up to City Hallgwarts and barf half a mouse on the roadomancer so they know!”

5 Likes

The last time I tried to call something in (a broken water pipe in a major street pouring water directly into the sewer) I got caught in a phone maze where no one I talked to either believed that I was in their jurisdiction or had the authority to submit a work order.

1 Like

Wow. Maybe Manchester is more like your town than mine that way…

Thought. Smart cars, GPS, cellphone link, accelerometers on the shock absorbers. Relay (realtime or ex-post) the locations of the biggest bumps. Collect on the maps.

Even if installed just on the manually driven municipial vehicles, it could cover at least the most traveled roads.

Postal delivery vans could be handy here. They drive over all sorts of roads.

A laser scanner for sensing the road profile would be even better, independent on actually having to run into the pothole.

2 Likes

It’s about time somebody had the balls to take this on.

5 Likes

#I SEE NO DOUBLE-ENTENDRE PUNS IN THAT WALL OF TEXT YOU ERECTED WTF 

10 Likes

What about all those dicks who have the tech within their reach and vote to not use it? :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

i approve of this. i’m currently trying to think of the closest potholes in my neighborhood.

1 Like

Excellent! I knew I could get a rise out of you.

6 Likes

Surprised that there isn’t a call for the artist to draw some lady parts once in a while, in the interest of equal representation.

2 Likes